12 Makeup Must-Haves for Sun-Kissed Summer Beauty
While we love pops of neon, the essence of summer dewiness comes from a suite of makeup essentials that give you that barely there shimmer of sun-kissed beauty. Consider this a summery update to our list of Everyday Makeup Essentials for the Woman On the Go – with extra glow. ;)
1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock ($9): We can wholeheartedly declare that this sunblock is the best sunblock for your face… ever! It's oil free, great for sensitive skin, and goes on so lightly that you can wear it underneath your makeup!
2. Tizo 3 Sunscreen SPF 40 ($25): If you're looking for a little more tint, go for Tizo's summer sunscreen. It's super water resistant and has just enough tint to even out your skin tone.
3. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Waterproof Mascara ($6): Waterproof mascaras are tough. Most of them make your lashes super sticky and way too thick to pass off as natural. This one won't flake or smudge, and is super easy to wash off.
4. bareMinerals Wildflower Shadow ($14): A stunning shadow with a luminous finish is just what you need to complete your look. For your eyes, apply to the center of your eyelids with your finger and drag out to the corners as much as you like. You can also use it on your cheeks with a fan brush to polish off your shimmery summer look.
5. Laura Mercier Fan Powder Brush ($27): But what fan brush should you use? This one is a favorite at Brit HQ. Use it with any shadow, powder or bronzer to lightly sweep powder into the skin to create a soft focus effect, diminishing the look of fine lines and imperfections while visibly smoothing the skin.
6. Summer Hair Sun Recovery Spray ($16): While we love sun-kissed locks and golden highlights, your hair also needs protection from the sun, just like your skin. This spray, by Alterna, contains organic hempseed oil that protects your hair from UV damage, repairs dryness from the sun, pool and saltwater, and conditions your hair to eliminate frizz in the summer months.
7. Shiseido After Sun Intensive Recovery Emulsion ($23): This nourishing emulsion (aka after sun lotion) works for your face and body, replenishing vital moisture in both to achieve a dewy fresh look and feeling. Plus, it helps prolong your tan!
8. Giorgio Armani Waterproof Eye Liner Pencil ($27): This liner goes on smooth and creamy, and sets to create a gorgeous soft metallic finish around your lids. It’s extremely water resistant and one of the best liners on the market. We recommend the limited edition Antique hue for summer.
10. Philosophy Supernatural Lit from Within Cream Blush ($7): If the summer heat isn't already giving you a natural blush, you'll definitely want to use a cream blush to maintain that fresh, dewy look.
11. Sephora Harmony Trio Bronzer ($15): This product packs a 1-2-3 punch, for sure. We recommend using the lighter pink as a highlighter on your brow bone, inner corner of your eye, and right above your cheek bones. Then use either of the gold shades in the crease of your eye and across the lid, applying with your finger to create a radiant bronze look.
12. Philosophy Supernatural Superglossy Lip Gloss, SPF 15 ($18): Your lips need their SPF protection too! This supergloss keeps lips looking fresh and rosy, while moisturizing and conditioning as well. It also has a minty-fresh taste. It's the icing on your cake of summer beauty!