7 Ways to Make Your Meal Prep Even Easier
On Sundays, we meal prep! Katrina and I are all about meal prep — it’s one of the best ways to set yourself up for a healthy week. It doesn’t take long at all and it will save you so much time during the week. And when you prep in advance, you always have healthy, nutrient-packed snacks on hand. Today we’re sharing our top meal prep tips. These will be lifesavers during your busy week!
1. Get the gear. Make sure you have plenty of Meal Prep Containers to store all of your veggies, protein, and healthy snacks. Lock ‘em up tight and enjoy all week long! You can grab our Pop ’N Go Meal Prep Containers HERE!
2. Chop it up! Chopping veggies on Sunday is one of the best ways to ensure that you’ll eat plenty of greens throughout the week. When the veggies are prepped, it’s super easy to whip up lunch or dinner super fast on your busiest days. Toss them in a bowl or salad, sauté them for a simple stir fry, or wrap them up for an easy lunch.
3. Upgrade your smoothie. Make your smoothies and smoothie bowls extra creamy by freezing bananas on Sunday. Slice up a few bananas for the week and throw them in the freezer. Make sure to lay them flat in a plastic bag so they won’t stick together. Check out some of our fave smoothie recipes HERE!
4. Whip up egg muffins. These are so easy to throw together and one of our favorite things to make! Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil and fill with egg whites, chopped spinach or zucchini, and your fave herbs and spices. You can add yolk if you want too. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Store them in your fridge for up to four days.
5. Kale yeah! Kale is a staple for us — we’re kind of obsessed. We always marinade our kale on Sundays with a little olive oil and lemon juice. This makes it even tastier and easier to digest. Another pro tip: Chop your kale with kitchen shears. Try one of our go-to lunches, the K&Kale Salad!
6. Get your grill on. Meal prep your lean proteins, including chicken, ground turkey, and tempeh, on the grill or in the oven to make your weekday cooking a breeze. Keep them sealed and toss them in your lunch or dinner. You’re going to love how fast your cooking and clean up will be!
7. But first, (iced) coffee. Freeze almond milk in ice trays. When the ice cubes melt, it won’t water your coffee down! You can also freeze coffee too.
Check out even more simple meal prep ideas HERE and in the video below!!
We have tons more nutrition advice in our Tone It Up Nutrition Plan. Join the plan and you’ll immediately gain access to thousands of slimming recipes and tips. Plus, we lay everything out for you — what to eat, when, and how it all works to help you reach your goals!
(Photos via Tone It Up)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)