Getting your heart rate up is a key component of an effective workout, but fitting in cardio can become boring from time to time. While following a running training plan, killing it at spin class and mixing it up with ClassPass can help keep things interesting, combining quick bursts of movement into your current routine will help you stay strong. Our fave way to sneak some in? Channel your childhood self and pick up a jump rope! No worries if you’re not as skilled at double dutch as you were on the playground. We scoured YouTube for seven great workouts that are a total blast.
1. Beginner Jump Rope Workout: Kick off the week with this super energetic beginner jump-rope workout. It’s sure to get your heart rate up within five short minutes. Find that you still need to brush up on the basics? Check out Dr. Sara Solomon’s earlier vids before going full-force. (via Dr. Sara Solomon)
2. Jump Rope HIIT Workout: Now that you’re into using your jump rope, push for intermediate status by practicing the more difficult moves featured in this video. All 14 killer exercises are designed to give you a great cardio workout while helping you build strength. (via Athlean-XX for Women)
3. 4-Minute Super Girl Tabata Jump Rope Workout: Feeling fabulous on day three? This super effective tabata workout can be done with or without a jump rope. Either way, it will definitely get your heart pumping! Since the video is so short, you can easily stream it on your smartphone and bust it out anywhere. (via Alli Kerr)
4. 10-Minute Jump Rope Workout: Ten minutes is all it takes to start toning up your gams and seriously sweating it out. We love the energy and enthusiasm of this vid, which begins with a solid warm-up before building up to a faster pace. (via POPSUGAR Fitness)
5. 5 Ways to Tone Up With a Jump Rope: Cardio is just one benefit of this jump-roping routine, which will get you moving and teach you several strengthening moves. By using a jump rope for squats and lunges, you’ll maintain proper form, which is key to getting the most out of any move. (via COSMOBody)
6. Quick Cardio Fun Jump Rope Workout: Bounce from basic moves to single and double foot jumps in this super effective interval-style sweat sesh. Keep moving or go at your own pace — just remember to keep breathing! This routine will help sculpt and tone your entire bod while improving your coordination. (via Fitness Blender)
7. 10-Minute Jump Rope Skipping Workout: It’s the last day of the week, so finish strong with another 10-minute jump-roping routine developed to give you a full-body workout. Catchy beats and cool choreography make this an especially fun video. (via Melissa Bender)
Will you bring back jump roping? Let us know which one you try on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Getty)