Sandals might be the official shoe for spring and summer, but that doesn’t mean you have to have the barely-there steppers strapped to your feet from now until Labor Day. From menswear-inspired brogues to punchy platform Mary Janes, pair up your warm weather uniform with these seven blogger-approved styles and be prepared to stand out in a sea of flip-flops.
1. @natachasteven: D’Orsay style Mary Janes are the ultimate compromise between sandals and shoes. Your feet still catch a bit of a breeze — perfect for days when those pumps just won’t do — while still reaping the benefits of a more traditional shoe (like protection from the elements).
2. @thriftsandthreads: The onset of spring shouldn’t have you sending those menswear-inspired steppers packin’. Take your fave jorts, sundresses or maxi skirts to the next level with this totally unexpected pairing.
4. @carriec: Do like Carrie C and pair your lace dress with casual accouterments like colorful kicks and a classic denim jacket for an instant dose of downtown edge. This is a great look to keep in mind when you’re packing your bag for a weekend away — see how versatile those sneaks can be?
5. @xoxonicaadrienne: Mules are always a good idea in our book. We’re loving the way Nica uses them to dress up her pleated, high-waisted shorts for a funky twist on a timeless warm-weather getup.
6. @melimunchi: These serious shoes are a little bit sandal and a whole lotta heel. Consider them your new go-to kicks when you need a break from those boho gladiator styles.
7. @getwithiit: If parting with your favorite booties makes you resent the transition to spring, peep toe slingback booties are about to change your sartorial game. Bust out these babies to infuse a little sass into a lightened-up ensemble, like a flowy boho dress, Bermudas or high-waisted shorts.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.