Did you catch the American Music Awards last night? If not, you missed Taylor Swift crying during Selena Gomez’s emotional performance of “The Heart Wants What It Wants.” JLo and Iggy Azalea took part in much choreographed booty shaking. Lorde gave everyone the creepy chills with her performance of “Yellow Flicker Beat.” Harry Styles still had the night’s best hair even though it was under a hat. And T.Swift lit the place up with a live performance of “Blank Space.” But why tell you about it when we can show you? Here are some of the night’s highlights by way of Instagram.
2. Nicki Minaj and Skylar Grey: For her performance of “Bed of Lies,” featuring Skylar Grey, Nicki was a little more elegant and a little less poppy than we’re used to seeing her. They both went with all-white looks and a strikingly simple performance. (via @nickiminaj)
3. Rita Ora and the Foxxes: We wish Quvenzhané Wallis (aka the next Annie) was also in attendance at the AMAs, but it’s kind of awesome to see Rita so pumped to see Jamie Foxx and his kiddo. (via @ritaora)
4. Jessie J: Of course, Jessie is pulling off that effortlessly cool pre-show look with a casual jumpsuit. If you’re ever looking for inspiration on how to wear all black, look no further. (via @isthatjessiej)
6. Selena Gomez: This is a glimpse of what brought T.Swift to tears. Selena’s debut performance of “The Heart Wants What It Wants” was undeniably written for Biebz and certainly put a slightly different spin on the relationship that’s chronicled through tabloids. (via @selenagomez)
8. Sam Smith: This award-winning heartthrob doesn’t finish off his night with a ritzy dinner or some fancy party, but instead some grub from In-N-Out. He’s a man after our own hearts. (via @samsmithworld)
9. Frankie Grande and Meghan Trainor: Frankie kind of won the “Most Extreme Red Carpet Look” with this painted-on shirt. In fact, he kind of looks perfect for one of Megham Trainor’s next videos. (via @meghan_trainor)
10. Fergie, Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss: So many fabulous blondes in one photo! Fergie is a veteran in the music world, and she really brought it with last night’s colorful performance of “LA Love.” (via @fergie)
14. All the Ladies: There is so much stardom in this one photo. Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift and Lorde really brought their A-games last night, and we kind of love that they’re celebrating together. (via @selenagomez)
What was your favorite part of the AMAs? Let us know in the comments!