20 Backyard Wedding Details That Will Make You Ditch Your Big Venue
Let’s face it: The more ways you can cut back on the cost of your wedding day, the better. So what if we told you that you can save serious dough without sacrificing style? The answer is literally in your backyard. Since renting out a wedding venue is easily one of the biggest budget suckers of wedding planning, these 20 wedding decor ideas will prove how easy it is to transform your very own backyard into an intimate ceremony and laid-back reception that can save you some serious cash. If you’re a bride on a budget, get your Pinboards ready for these effortless details that are totally relaxed and truly romantic.
1. Bridal Aisle:Creating an aisle in your backyard can be as easy as setting up a dramatic backdrop complete with chairs on either side. Add your personality to it with rugs, ribbons, or flowers. (via Taylor Clark Photography / Intimate Weddings)
4. Z Create Design Chair Signs ($38): These seats are taken! Claim your spots at the table with these adorable chair signs that proudly display your new titles.
5. Bridesmaid Style: No long, formal bridesmaid dresses here. Keep it casual by styling your girls in fun and flirty dresses that are perfect for twirling and dancing the night away. (via J. Bird Photography / Refinery29)
6. Lighting the Way: When it comes to your wedding photos, lighting is everything. Create a romantic and well-lit evening by displaying a combination of candles, string lights, and paper lanterns. (via Tana Photography / The Huffington Post)
7. Barn Inspired: Get creative with your seating arrangements by covering bales of hay with comfy blankets and strategically placing tree stumps near so that your guests can easily mix and mingle. (via Feather and Stone / Brides)
8. Dance Floor: We’re all for kicking your shoes off and dancing in the grass, but if you’re looking for something a little more traditional, consider installing a temporary dance floor that’ll make you forget you’re in your backyard. There’s no better way to share your first dance as newlyweds than under the stars. (via Clay Austin Photography / Wedding Chicks)
9. Ditched Tablecloth: Save your budget for the food truck and skip the linen rentals. Whether you opt for rustic carpenter tables or picnic tables, rely on a centerpiece and some lighting to dress up your occasion. (via Jillian Bowes / Intimate Weddings)
10. Floral Installations: Hanging flowers instantly makes for an upscale arrangement. Display your favorite stems above your head table for a glamorous addition to your decor. (via Laura Ivanova Photography / Style Me Pretty)
11. Double Backdrop: The same backdrop you use for your ceremony can easily be transitioned into a photo booth for your guests during the reception. After you’ve tied the knot, place a hashtag sign and a bucket of props next to the backdrop to encourage your guests to get their ‘gram on. (via Chandra’s Collection / 100 Layer Cake)
12. Love Bugs: Backyard weddings can draw some uninvited guests to your party. Keep everyone itch-free by supplying a bug spray station. For added protection (and lighting), place citronella torches around the perimeter. (via Priscilla Thomas Photography / Borrowed and Blue)
15. More S’mores: This couple played up their newlywed status with a perfect play on their Moore surname. Even if your last name doesn’t offer up pun potential, this adorable idea that combines marshmallow wedding favors with dessert is one your guests won’t be able to resist. (via Leigh Elizabeth Photography / Style Me Pretty)
16. Backyard Bar: Serve drinks in style by hiring a bartender to mix up classic cocktails for your guests to enjoy. Fair warning — installing a bar into your backyard may become a permanent fixture. (via Chris Wojdak Photography / Storyboard Wedding)
17. Dessert Buffet: The only thing better than wedding cake is multiple wedding cakes. This way everyone will find something they love, even the pickiest of eaters. (via Inspire Styling)
18. Tent Rental: Setting up a tent in your backyard gives you that big venue feel while still saving on the cost of renting out one. Pimp out the space with stylish rentals that can totally transform your backyard into a wedding oasis. (via Justin DeMutis Photogrpahy / Style Me Pretty)
19. Chicken Wire Seating Chart: Who knew that a DIY seating chart could be so whimsical? Repurpose some chicken wire for a super creative and easy way for your guests to find their table. (via Allie Lindsey Photography)
Follow us on Pinterestfor more gorgeous ideas for your wedding reception.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.