4 Booty-Sculpting Barre Moves You Can Do at Home
When the weather outside is frightful, it can be tough to get to the gym or your favorite barre studio (or even just to find the energy to leave your house!). Fortunately, Pure Barre instructor Tori Simeone shared her top four booty-sculpting barre moves with Brit + Co. And you can do all of these from your bedroom — no outside travel required!
These four moves will target your gluteus maximus (those big tush muscles!) and the glute meds (think side booty — trust us, you’ll feel it) so you get maximum effects for your rear end. And the best part about barre is that it’s low impact, so you’re not damaging your joints or spine while you get a killer workout.
Lunge and Kick
- Come into a lunge and then hinge forward, lifting your back leg. Keep a stable core and trunk, and move the leg from the glute muscle (that’s your booty!).
- Repeat 15 times.
- Come into your lunge and pulse up and down (about one inch!) 15 times.
- Finally, hinge forward as you did in the first part of the move, and pulse your lifted back leg up, using your glute muscle to lift, 15 times.
- Repeat the entire series on the other side.
Cross and Press
- Come into tabletop on your hands and knees. Flex your right foot and begin your hamstring curl, squeezing your heel toward your booty. Keep your core tight!
- From this position, cross your right knee over your left knee, then lift and press your flexed right foot up toward the sky.
- Repeat on the other side. Complete 15 reps on each side.
Fire Hydrant Lift
- Stay in tabletop on your hands and knees and keep your foot flexed.
- Squeeze your inner thighs together, and use the outer side of your booty (glute med) to lift your leg outward to hip height. (Think of a dog peeing on a fire hydrant. Gross visual, but it works!)
- Return your leg to starting position.
- Complete 15 reps on each side.
Crossed Ankle Booty Lift
- Laying on your back, bend your knees, and cross one ankle over the other, squeezing your inner thighs together.
- From this position, lift and lower your hips, maintaining a stable pelvis and tight core. Ensure you are engaging your posterior chain (back of legs) to create the motion in this movement.
- Complete 15 reps, then switch ankles and repeat on the other side for 15 more reps.
Are you about to crush this workout at home? Tweet us your sweaty selfie @BritandCo.
(Photo via Tori Simeone)