10 Australian Fashion Brands You’ll Be Obsessed With
With Fashion Week right around the corner, you could say we have style on the brain. In addition to trying to score tickets to Givenchy’s show (which they opened to the public!) and wondering what exactly The Fat Jew’s collection is going to consist of, we were also recently informed that twenty Australian brands will be showing in NY next week. And after a little bit of Internet digging, it was made painfully obvious that those Aussies are kind of killing it in the style department. Here are ten covetable labels from down under that are already causing us to send our bank account an apology note.
Offering up a Reformation-inspired kind of coolness, Elliatt’s designs are clean and sleek but full of drama. They’re the perfect for everything from a first date to a subtly sexy wedding outfit.
If Clashist and Ban.do had an Australian baby, it might look a little something like this. With an endless amount of color, kitschy patterns and practical designs, we kind of wish our whole world was designed by Gorman. And actually, they also sell homeware, so in a way it kind of can be.
3. The Fifth Label: The Fifth Label is the perfect way to rock those essential pieces, but with a fashion-minded spin. With hemlines that are just a little bit different, easy breezy silhouettes and cool patterns, these are the kind of pieces you’ll probably still be holding on to in ten years’ time.
Hansom still has a bit of a funky feel, but in a way that’s a little bit more wearable for those of you who need to have some professional-looking clothes that aren’t super serious. Pair this leaf sweatshirt with a button-down and slacks for a Jenna Lyons-inspired office outfit.
6. Bec & Bridge: If you’re in need of a one-stop shop that has everything from a festival outfit to a perfect brunch dress to a workplace jumpsuit, look no further. Ben & Bridge has all your bases covered.
Offering a slew of Rachel Comey-like prints, Leonard Street offers an easy way to be playful while also still looking like a grown-up.
8. Mae’s Sunday: Mae’s Sunday is the lingerie line that weekend dreams are made of. Their collection of robes is classic, sexy and perfect for a luxury-loving wedding party.
9. C/MEO Collective: Um, can you say girl boss? The modern, boxy looks found in C/MEO’s designs are balanced with fun accents like tassels, wacky prints and giant bow ties. So you can finally be that professional who’s also still a kid at heart.
10. Finders Keepers: Finders Keepers offers an effortlessly polished style with simple pieces that will instantly make an outfit. Whether you want to channel your inner Sporty Spice or you’re more of a girly-girl, there’s something here for everybody.