Mama still knows best, but technology knows second best. Baby tech has been moving right along since we were in diapers and now you can be fully prepped to take on whatever comes up with your little one. Prepare yourself with all the best gadgets and gear to handle those infant years with ease.
1. Bellabeat Connected System ($129): Get your baby gadget-ing while he or she is still in the womb. Bellabeat allows you to monitor your baby’s heartbeats and kicks. Think of it as an activity tracker for the little bean.
2. Mimo Onesie ($199): Needless to say, this is the most expensive onesie that you’ll be buying for your baby. While the organic cotton is nice, what makes this wee wearable even cooler is that it monitors pulse, breathing rate, heart rate and even body position. Then it sends all of that information to mom’s or dad’s phone, meaning parentals can always rest easy that their baby is doing a-okay.
3. Aquatopia Deluxe Safety Bath Thermometer ($15): This little guy is adorable and will make sure the temperature of the bath water is just right for you little one.
4. Nuvo Ritmo Pregnancy Sound System ($70): Want your babe to know all about Mozart and Beethoven (or Rihanna and Prince) before he or she even exits the womb? No need to put headphones on your belly. Play your favorite tunes for them through their very own sound system.
5. Ecotones Sound + Sleep Machine ($100): You and your baby will be on the same sleep schedule — yeah right! But what little sleep you can catch, make it the best sleep ever with Sound + Sleep. It blocks out noise giving you the sound sleep you need.
6. Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier ($55): Ensure your little one breathes easy as they sleep under the stars.
7. Itzbeen Pocket Nanny Baby Care Timer ($25): Nap time, feeding time, play time, diaper changing time… in lieu of a messy calendar, this gadget keeps track of all your baby scheduling needs.
8. Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker ($110): You’ll know exactly what’s going into your baby’s food when you make it yourself, and this little gadget makes doing that as easy as making yourself a fresh glass of juice every morning.
9. MobiUS Portable Ultrasound System: Your own mom is going to flip when she sees this. An at-home ultrasound system is certainly revolutionary.
10. Tiggly Shapes ( $30): Let’s face it. Babes know how to work an iPad right out of the womb, and we love that this brings a tangible component to iPad games for the little ones.
11. Medela Swing Single Electric Breast Pump ($170): Sometimes you have the time and privacy to nurse. Sometimes you don’t. Two-phase expression technology mimics your baby’s feeding pattern, and this convenient kit makes it easy to use anywhere.
12. Iiamo Go Self-Warming Feeding Bottle ($43): With a special heating element, this bottle can heat itself on the go. And moms everywhere rejoice.
13. Boon Orb Bottle Warmer ($28): Or, if you’re at home, this quirky warmer will do just fine.
14. Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer ($32): Talk about a time saver. This sterilizer can clean all of your bottles at once! So put away the rubber gloves and go spend some more QT with your cutie.
15. Smart Baby Monitor ($340): Believe it or not, with this futuristic monitor, you can hear and talk to your baby as well as turn on a nightlight and play music all from your smartphone!
16. Boon GLO Nightlight With Portable Balls ($57): We love the look of this nightlight that can double as an orb-like flashlight when the kids get old enough.
17. Tranquil Moments White Noise Sound Machine for Baby ($90): Just for your baby, this sound machine soothes your little one with some of their favorite noises for a sound night of sleep… which we don’t have to tell you means a good night of sleep for you, too.
18. Vtech Safe and Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor ($135): Never miss a moment of your munchkin’s nap time. This monitor connects to four cameras so you can check on your baby from all angles.
19. Vibe Vibrating Mattress Pad ($30): This little pad slips under your baby’s mattress to create soothing vibrations to get them to sleep. Do they have this in adult size??
20. Squirt Baby Food Dispensing Spoon ($10): No more baby food containers tossed to the ground. Keep it in the spoon for an easier feeding time with Squirt.
21. Ba Baby Bottle Holder ($15): This little device helps babies gain feeding independence by helping them grip a bottle… not to mention, it looks pretty cool, too.
22. Green Sprouts Infant Water Bottle Cap Adapter ($4): If you find yourself without a bottle, don’t fear! This topper can screw onto most water bottles. Crisis averted.
23. Bottle Tether ($12): You may never lose another sippy cup again. Strap it in with this crafty tether!
24. Pacifier Thermometer ($14): Can we just pretend the rectal thermometer was never invented? We love two-in-one gadgets.
25. Pacifi ($35): Take the temperature checking up a notch by sending all those stats to your smartphone. Pacifi isn’t available quite yet, but should be ready for all babies born in fall 2014.
26. MilkScreen ($13): Having wine at dinner is one of the best parts of no longer being pregnant. Well, it’s at least in the top 20. Luckily with these strips you can test for alcohol and know when you’re safe to breast feed. It’s like a breathalyzer for your boob!
27. Keep-It-Kleen Pacifier ($5): Babies are prone to dropping and throwing things on the ground. To prevent some of the germs, this pacifier has armor.
What baby gadgets do you think are a must-have? Fill us in in the comments!