The Top 15 Back to School Pinterest Hacks + Trends Right Now
For kids, teens and adults alike it’s time to head back to school and crack open those textbooks once more. Outside of the classroom when you’re not busy with homework or that hectic social calendar, you should without a doubt be making things to keep your creativity flowing, help you stand out in the hallways/at your desk and make your dorm room feel bigger than it actually is.
Back to School Pinterest Trends
First things first, those back to school trends. Though 2015 isn’t all about the Trapper Keeper (we don’t know why) it *is* about plenty of other creative pieces to help every student show off their individuality. Check out the top 10 below (and way more on the 2015 Back to School Trends Pinboard), then make sure you share, repin, buy or recreate ’em for yourself or your elementary school kid.
1. Pouch Purses: So much room for supplies. (via Mochithings)
2. Buckle ThoseBoots: Command attention in the hallways with some combats. (via Doc Martens)
3. Just Say No to Sandwiches: No PB+J for you. (via They Smell)
4. Expressive Notebooks: Show off that personality any way you can. (via ban.do)
5. Vintage Bags: Stylin’ on ’em old school style. (via State)
6. Freshly Scented Backpacks: Because sometimes those bags can get smelly. (via Munchkin)
7. DIY Stickers: Why buy when you can make?! (via Martha Stewart)
8. Homework Stations: There’s no need to finish math assignments while the kitchen table is getting cleaned off for dinner. (via The House of Smiths)
9. Statement Shirts: There’s no better way to introduce yourself on the first day of school than with a funny tee. Especially when it’s DIY. (via Brit + Co)
10. Creative Notes: Try etching a sweet message into a banana. (via Cake Whiz)
Trending Pinterest Dorm Hacks
For those of you moving into a dorm for the first time, it’s becoming abundantly clear you’ve got about half the space to work with than you did at your parent’s house. Also, there’s a twin size bed (THE HORROR!). Make the most of the tight space by taking advantage of some of the most popular dorm room hacks popping up on Pinterest. You’ll find five *must dos* below and plenty more on the Small Space Solutions Pinboard. Now go maximize that space before your first exam of the semester.
1. DIY Platform Bed: Give yourself instant extra space by raising that bed up a few feet. Just make sure to remember you did that on those drunken nights. (via Oh Yes Blog)
2. Solo Cup Speaker: Just because you didn’t get that Sonos as a grad gift doesn’t mean you can’t have surround sound in the dorm. This easy DIY will do the trick in a minute or less. (via @snamesjover)
3. Mini Fridge Six-Pack: Make that half dozen/dozen beverage container fit into your baby fridge without taking up all the space. You may not have a keg but the cool brews and coke sure beat room temp ones sitting next to that cooling device. (via Reddit)
4. Febreze Ventilation: Load up on these car deodorizes to make sure your space is always smelling fresh. Especially if you haven’t done laundry in a month. (via LifeTricks)
5. Bulldog Clips FTW: Perfect for cord wrangling or bottle corralling. What can’t these cheap life savers do?! (via Lifehacker)
Will you be incorporating any of these Pinterest back to school trends or dorm hacks into your routine this semester? Let us know which ones you’re into in the comments and make sure to Pin along with us.