15 Pieces for an Instant Back to School Style Upgrade
Back to school shopping is, of course, an integral and important part of the new school year. Once you’ve got all your supplies ready to go, you can’t forget to sharpen your style as well. It just so happens that the Brit + Co Shop has a fantastic selection of tees, bags, jewelry and accessories that will seriously amp up your school-bound wardrobe. From Instagram-worthy tees to sweet hair accessories, here are a few we give an A+.
1. Party On! Excellent! Tee ($55): Even when you’re in class, you can show off your love of a good party with this Clashist tee.
2. Dakota Necklace ($68): In addition to looking absolutely gorgeous, this necklace provides a week’s worth of meals for a child in need.
3. Convertible Bootie Pack ($132): This bag is AWESOME. Instantly convert it from a tote to a backpack for all your on-the-go needs.
4. Girl Talk Bobbi Set ($15): Sure, school is serious, but your hair accessories don’t have to be!
5. Dragons Den Nail Wraps ($12): Channel your inner Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, with these scale-pattern nail wraps.
6. Fruit + Veggie Ankle Socks ($11): Patterned socks like these are sure to make a statement peeking out under pants.
7. Arc Ring ($20): Great for stacking, this ring will give you the perfect amount of subtle bling.
8. Geometric Rule of Thirds Cap Sleeve T-Shirt ($26): Mega style meets comfort in the form of this geometric tank.
9. 03:48PM Pink Watch ($39): You’ll always be on time with this watch — seriously, it’s so pretty that you’ll never stop looking at it.
10. Adventure Makeup Bag ($20): Make every day an adventure! Store all your necessities in this cheerful makeup bag.
11. Paso Necklace ($46): This is begging to accent that new chunky turtleneck.
12. Everyday I’m Hustlin Baggu Duck Bag ($50): Let ‘em know you mean business with this tote.
13. Bizi Bangles: Set of 3 ($36): How cool are these?! Even cooler — all profits go toward educational programs for the talented women who crafted them.
14. Sorry I’m Late T-Shirt ($24): It happens sometimes.
Get out there and really kill it this school year. Good luck to #girlbosses everywhere!
Which of our selections are you gonna snap up for back to school? Share with us in the comments.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.