15 Pieces for an Instant Back to School Style Upgrade
Back to school shopping is, of course, an integral and important part of the new school year. Once you’ve got all your supplies ready to go, you can’t forget to sharpen your style as well. It just so happens that the Brit + Co Shop has a fantastic selection of tees, bags, jewelry and accessories that will seriously amp up your school-bound wardrobe. From Instagram-worthy tees to sweet hair accessories, here are a few we give an A+.
1. Party On! Excellent! Tee ($55): Even when you’re in class, you can show off your love of a good party with this Clashist tee.
2. Dakota Necklace ($68): In addition to looking absolutely gorgeous, this necklace provides a week’s worth of meals for a child in need.
3. Convertible Bootie Pack ($132): This bag is AWESOME. Instantly convert it from a tote to a backpack for all your on-the-go needs.
4. Girl Talk Bobbi Set ($15): Sure, school is serious, but your hair accessories don’t have to be!
5. Dragons Den Nail Wraps ($12): Channel your inner Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, with these scale-pattern nail wraps.
6. Fruit + Veggie Ankle Socks ($11): Patterned socks like these are sure to make a statement peeking out under pants.
7. Arc Ring ($20): Great for stacking, this ring will give you the perfect amount of subtle bling.
8. Geometric Rule of Thirds Cap Sleeve T-Shirt ($26): Mega style meets comfort in the form of this geometric tank.
9. 03:48PM Pink Watch ($39): You’ll always be on time with this watch — seriously, it’s so pretty that you’ll never stop looking at it.
10. Adventure Makeup Bag ($20): Make every day an adventure! Store all your necessities in this cheerful makeup bag.
11. Paso Necklace ($46): This is begging to accent that new chunky turtleneck.
12. Everyday I’m Hustlin Baggu Duck Bag ($50): Let ‘em know you mean business with this tote.
13. Bizi Bangles: Set of 3 ($36): How cool are these?! Even cooler — all profits go toward educational programs for the talented women who crafted them.
14. Sorry I’m Late T-Shirt ($24): It happens sometimes.
Get out there and really kill it this school year. Good luck to #girlbosses everywhere!
Which of our selections are you gonna snap up for back to school? Share with us in the comments.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!