17 Baked Oatmeals for Lazy Sunday Mornings
We all know that Saturdays are for brunch and bottomless mimosas and Sundays are for sleeping in and *lots* of coffee. Even though you may want to stay in bed ALL day, you still need to get up and make a decent breakfast. If you didn’t think of making a hearty make-ahead breakfast, the perfect alternative is a comforting and simple baked oatmeal. You can pop them in the oven, then swiftly return to your bed to start an episode of Gilmore Girls. Scroll down to discover 17 varieties that are perfect for your lazy Sunday morning vibes.
1. Amish-Style Apple and Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal: Big chunks of tender apple are studded throughout this comforting baked oatmeal. Make it at the beginning of the week and you can have a quick, hot breakfast every day. (via Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)
2. Banana Pecan Baked Oatmeal: This breakfast bake is dense, hearty and sweet. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a big cup of coffee, especially when eating it under your warm covers. (via Cooking Classy)
3. Baked AB&J French Toast Oatmeal: Can’t decide between oatmeal, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and French toast? Why choose?! This baked oatmeal has flavors of all three and will satisfy *each* craving. (via Running With Spoons)
4. Make-Ahead Baked Oatmeal: This recipe is so versatile, you can add whatever fruit you and your family desire. Serve with a splash of milk and a drizzle of honey, and your breakfast is complete. (via So Fab Food)
5. Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal: Whether you eat this oatmeal on the go or savor it in a bowl, it’s more than satisfying. Pre-package squares in bags for a great snack to grab on your way out the door. (via A Few Shortcuts)
6. Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal: If you want all the flavors of banana bread with the warmth and nutrients of baked oatmeal, this recipe is for you. Plus, your house will straight-up smell like Grandma’s while you’re making this. (via Family Food on the Table)
7. Blueberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal: If you wake your overnight guests with the scent of toasted coconut and almond, you may get an award for best hostess. Serve with a pitcher of mimosas and they may never leave. (via Love and Lemons)
8. Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal With Cream Cheese Glaze: Some days just call for dessert for breakfast. There are tons of carrots, pineapple and coconut in this baked oatmeal, which totally makes up for the indulgent cream cheese glaze. Right? (via Flavor the Moments)
9. Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal: In a dream world, we could eat cinnamon rolls every day for breakfast with no adverse effects. Thankfully, we have this baked oatmeal that tastes just like a cinnamon roll, minus the insane calories. (via Love Grows Wild)
10. Coffee Baked Oatmeal: You can’t have your breakfast without coffee, so why not put your coffee IN your breakfast? This healthy baked oatmeal gives you plenty of energy from the oats and a slight buzz from strong brewed coffee, so you can take on your day like a champ. (via Kim’s Cravings)
11. Strawberry Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal: Weekends are for treating yo’ self, and this breakfast is a great way to do so. The cheesecake swirl is incredible, especially when you get a bite with a juicy strawberry. Go make this *NOW*. (via The Wholesome Dish)
12. Oatmeal Cookie Baked Oatmeal: Oatmeal raisin cookies just got a massive breakfast upgrade. The texture of this baked oatmeal is soft and chewy with a few crunchy bits, just like the perfect cookie. (via Budget Bytes)
13. Pear Almond Steel Cut Baked Oatmeal: Steel cut oats are decidedly more nutritious than the old fashion kind, so this baked oatmeal gets extra points for healthiness. It has pieces of diced pear, slivered almonds and cinnamon for a warm spice that will make you feel good from the inside out. (via Recipe Runner)
14. Piña Colada Baked Oatmeal: Wake up on your staycation to make this tropical Piña Colada breakfast bake. It’s full of cashews, coconut and pineapple, so it tastes like you’re sitting on your deck at a seaside resort. (via Five Heart Home)
15. Pineapple Coconut Baked Oatmeal: This oatmeal gets its extra creaminess and protein from Greek yogurt. Top with coconut and maple syrup and you may be going back for seconds! (via Kate Moving Forward)
16. To-Go Baked Oatmeal: To make your baked oatmeal travel-friendly, pour individual portions in a baking tin. You can customize the toppings for different days and take your breakfast on the go when you’re in a pinch. (via The Wholesome Dish)
17. Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal: Any time you can sneak vegetables into your meal is a win. This oatmeal does that by loading up with vitamin-rich zucchini but tastes like a sweet and warming slice of your favorite dessert bread. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious breakfast ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)