12 Mixology Essentials to Shop Now That Dry January Is Over
It’s finally February. And you know what that means: Dry January is officially over. Even if you didn’t give up booze last month, being fully recovered from the spiked eggnog and red wine-fueled holiday parties probably feels pretty great, but a fancy cocktailsuresounds good. Since the US is still in the midst of a very chilly winter, there’s a good chance you’ll be boozing it up at home a little more than normal in the coming weeks. We’re sharing 12 bar cart essentials that’ll make mixing your concoctions fun (think fancy stirrers) and yummy (think kombucha amazingness). Hey, who knows… after this you might ditch going OUT for drinks all together.
1. W and P Jigger ($12): If you’re gonna make any kind of cocktail, the first step is getting the measurements right. This shiny little guy will make sure your proportions are accurate.
2. Liber and Co. Essential Cocktail Ingredients Set of Three ($21): If you’re looking to get fancy, this trio of grapefruit shrub, spiced tonic syrup and gum syrup are just what you need to make some super crafty cocktails.
4. Two Tumbleweeds Mixology Dice ($24): If you’ve got the skills, but sometimes you find yourself out of ideas, these mixology dice are just what the doctor ordered. Just give ’em a toss and create whatever they say — we almost guarantee you’ll end up with a new favorite by the time the night is over.
5. W and P Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker ($29): Mason jars make everything better, even cocktail shakers. If you really want to get Brooklyn with it, serve your drinks in some mason jars too.
6. Molly M Designs Gold Leather Coasters ($45): If you love hosting happy hours, but don’t want to sacrifice your pretty furniture (water rings have broken more than a few hearts in their time), these pretty and functional leather coasters are for you, my friend.
7. W and P Muddler ($12): If you’ve got mojitos on the mind, you have some serious muddling ahead. Make it easy (at least on the eyes) with with this chic muddler.
8. Ficks Hangover Preventative Cocktail Fortifier ($13): Love to drink but hate the hangover? Have your cake and eat it too with Ficks’ hangover-preventing cocktail fortifier.
9. Bracket Heart Drink Stirrers ($20): Add a little love to your life with these too-cute-to-handle cocktail stirrers. Just think how good the heart-topped stirrers will look popping out of the delicious gin and tonic you whip up.
11. Hella Bitter Citrus Bitters ($18): Bitters for all! These citrus-flavored bitters are straight out of Brooklyn and ready to shake up your home cocktail game.
12. Acme Party Box Co. Bubble Champagne Coupes ($56): Champagne isn’t just for New Year’s. Perfect for hosting a mimosa brunch, this set of four pretty little glasses is absolute perfection.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)