12 Mixology Essentials to Shop Now That Dry January Is Over
It’s finally February. And you know what that means: Dry January is officially over. Even if you didn’t give up booze last month, being fully recovered from the spiked eggnog and red wine-fueled holiday parties probably feels pretty great, but a fancy cocktailsuresounds good. Since the US is still in the midst of a very chilly winter, there’s a good chance you’ll be boozing it up at home a little more than normal in the coming weeks. We’re sharing 12 bar cart essentials that’ll make mixing your concoctions fun (think fancy stirrers) and yummy (think kombucha amazingness). Hey, who knows… after this you might ditch going OUT for drinks all together.
1. W and P Jigger ($12): If you’re gonna make any kind of cocktail, the first step is getting the measurements right. This shiny little guy will make sure your proportions are accurate.
2. Liber and Co. Essential Cocktail Ingredients Set of Three ($21): If you’re looking to get fancy, this trio of grapefruit shrub, spiced tonic syrup and gum syrup are just what you need to make some super crafty cocktails.
<em>Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails</em>by Eric Prum and Josh Williams ($25): This cocktail book will give you all the ideas you need and all the instructions required to start whipping up mixology-level drinks with your very own hands.
4. Two Tumbleweeds Mixology Dice ($24): If you’ve got the skills, but sometimes you find yourself out of ideas, these mixology dice are just what the doctor ordered. Just give ’em a toss and create whatever they say — we almost guarantee you’ll end up with a new favorite by the time the night is over.
5. W and P Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker ($29): Mason jars make everything better, even cocktail shakers. If you really want to get Brooklyn with it, serve your drinks in some mason jars too.
6. Molly M Designs Gold Leather Coasters ($45): If you love hosting happy hours, but don’t want to sacrifice your pretty furniture (water rings have broken more than a few hearts in their time), these pretty and functional leather coasters are for you, my friend.
7. W and P Muddler ($12): If you’ve got mojitos on the mind, you have some serious muddling ahead. Make it easy (at least on the eyes) with with this chic muddler.
8. Ficks Hangover Preventative Cocktail Fortifier ($13): Love to drink but hate the hangover? Have your cake and eat it too with Ficks’ hangover-preventing cocktail fortifier.
9. Bracket Heart Drink Stirrers ($20): Add a little love to your life with these too-cute-to-handle cocktail stirrers. Just think how good the heart-topped stirrers will look popping out of the delicious gin and tonic you whip up.
Brit + Co Agate Slice Coasters Kitgorgeous, but they’re also DIY. So when people compliment you on them, you get to say, “Oh those? I made them,” and enjoy all the praise that’s sure to follow.
11. Hella Bitter Citrus Bitters ($18): Bitters for all! These citrus-flavored bitters are straight out of Brooklyn and ready to shake up your home cocktail game.
12. Acme Party Box Co. Bubble Champagne Coupes ($56): Champagne isn’t just for New Year’s. Perfect for hosting a mimosa brunch, this set of four pretty little glasses is absolute perfection.