10 Incredible Calendar Apps to Organize Your Life
If you’re going to find time to enjoy happy hours, yoga sessions and baking all while killing it at the office, you better have a calendar to keep it all straight. But almost as important as the ability to keep you organized is how pretty it appears on your screen. These 10 apps are bold, beautiful and ready to keep all your important meetings and weekend adventures in check. We already showed you these 10 calendar apps, but we all know the app machine never stops and brand new ways of making life simple are always on the rise. So browse these 10 new calendars and find your ideal download for 2014.
1. Cal: You’d be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful calendar than this one. Seamlessly view everything from business meetings to family birthdays and even invite friends and clients along all from this useful app. (Free on iOS and Android)
2. Calvetica: Add events in just two quick taps and enjoy an uncluttered, minimalist interface. We’re big fans of how user-friendly this app is and give it major bonus points for the play on Helvetica. ($2.99 on iOS)
3. Tempo: The perfect tool for a busy business life, this app goes way beyond a calendar by helping you alert colleagues when you’re running late, checking your flight status for you and displaying the weather based on your current location. (Free on iOS)
4. TeuxDeux: This app aims to make mobile scheduling as simple as jotting a note on a piece of paper. Enter in your to-dos, shift them around to adhere to your schedule then take great satisfaction in checking them off as you “deux” them. (Free on iOS)
5. Peek: This minimalist calendar is all about ease. Not only does it beautifully toggle between showing your current schedule and helping you add items, it has smart additions like a gesture feature that knows when you’re shading the screen with a hand in bright sun and responds accordingly. ($2.99 on iOS and $4 on Android)
6. Chronos: This is the smartest calendar you’ll ever find. Use another app to schedule your life, then use this one to discover how you’re really spending your time. It runs in the background of your phone to help you meet your goals and keep track of how and where you spend your time. (Free on iOS and Android)
7. Sunrise: Totally integrated with outside tools like LinkedIn, Google Maps and Facebook, you can expect to see the faces of people you’re meeting with, birthdays of your friends and maps for meeting locations all within the same app. (Free on iOS and Android)
8. Awesome Note: It’s all in the name with this app. Awesome Note not only keeps track of it all, but helps you keep personal and professional life separate. Customizable themes make it the perfect fit for every style. ($3.99 on iOS)
9. SaiSuke: Get major perspective on your future with this app, which lets users see daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly calendar views. Manipulate colors and fonts to make it just perfect. ($9.99 on iOS)
10. Informant 3: This app syncs a variety of other mobile tools for a killer user experience. We told you about Pocket Informant with our list of original calendar apps and it’s only gotten better (and cheaper!) over time. ($9.99 on Android)
Do you use an app to stay on track? We’d love to hear about your smart calendar!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.