20 Healthy Birthday Cake Alternative Recipes
We’re all for birthday indulgences, but sometimes throwing caution (and nutrition) to the wind doesn’t make for the happiest of birthdays. Whether you have dietary restrictions or just wanna try something a little wilder this year, consider these 20 dessert recipes our birthday gift to you. You’re welcome! We should warn you though… the volume of sprinkles in this post might just break a record (hey, when we party, we party hard).
1. New-Fashioned Yellow Cupcake With Chocolate Frosting: Just try to guess the secret ingredients. Give up? These grain-free cupcakes are made with applesauce, turmeric and cannellini beans. (via Oatmeal with a Fork)
5. Ultimate Coconut Donuts: These vegan donuts couldn’t be more coconutty unless they were actually little coconuts masquerading as donuts. You can even stack ’em up like a little donut layer cake and put a candle on top. (via La Gallette)
6. Oreo Cheesecake Batter Bites: Okay, so admittedly this isn’t exactly healthy… but it’s probably healthier than a grocery store cake. The recipe also includes protein powder, so that’s got to count for something, right? (via Delicious by Dre)
11. Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles: These are healthy!? Made with coconut oil, vanilla bean and cashews, these cute birthday balls won’t make you feel guilty after poppin’ a few in your mouth (at once). (via Lunch Box Bunch)
13. Secret Healthy Double-Chocolate Paleo-Friendly Cupcakes: We love secretly healthy things, and these cupcakes are no exception. (via Better With Cake)
16. Coconut Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie: Coconuts, bananas, peanut butter and chocolate all meld together in this kick-ass pie. It’s not exactly good for you, but it’s definitely a lighter choice when it comes to indulging in birthday desserts. (via Obsessive Cooking Disorder)
19. Birthday Cake Coconut Butter: Pretend your birthday is every day with this delicious recipe. Spread this clean, homemade coconut butter on toast, quick breads or whatever you fancy. (via 24 Carrot Life)
What dessert is on your birthday wish list? Let us know in the comments!