The Best Pink Lipsticks for All Skin Tones
Now that we’re updating our handbags and closets for spring, it’s about time our lipstick arsenals got a little love too. Pink lipsticks are everywhere this season, and they look fantastic on every shade of skin. But, like finding the right shade of red, you have to take into account a range of intensities and textures, so it’s wise to match it to your complexion. From fab fuchsia to soft, pastel hues, with these 10 finds you’re sure to find your perfect shade for day or night.
1. Hot, Hot, Hot: Hot pink lipsticks will always pop on fair skin, so the brighter the better! Keep the rest of your makeup understated (we’re loving Reese Witherspoon’s kitten eye here) and try something like Sephora Collection’s Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color ($16). (Photo via @reesewitherspoon)
2. Soft + Sheer: If you have fair skin and would like to keep your lip color a little more muted, opt for a soft, sheer color like Maybelline Super Stay 14-Hour Lipstick in Perpetual Peony ($6). (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Fab Fuchsia: A fuchsia lip color looks great on lighter skin. Maybelline’s Color Sensationals Vivid Color Lipstick in Fuchsia Flash ($7) isn’t jarring, but provides the perfect pop of color. Make sure to balance out the lip color with a bold brow and dark eyeliner for a finished look. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
4. Bold + Bright: If you have a darker fair complexion like Debby Ryan, go with a rich pink color to bring out your skin’s warm undertones. We love NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Yu ($26) because its smooth application and long-lasting color is perfect for all-day wear. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
5. Keep It Matte: This warmer pink really works with Rihanna Collett’s flawless medium-fair complexion. For a similar look, try Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics’ Lip Tar in Matte Cha Cha ($18). The handy application brush also makes it a cinch to apply. (Photo via Ben Gabby/Getty)
6. Barbie Pink: The Jenner sisters are known for their bright lipstick choices. To get Kylie’s look, pick up a creamy lipstick like NARS Lipstick in Schiap ($27), a tinted brow gel (we love Benefit’s Gimme Brow) and a mascara that adds volume and definition to balance out the bright lipstick. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
7. Make It Pop: Bright lipsticks always look amazing on medium to dark complexions, so make sure to go with something pigmented that really pops. If you have a gorgeous medium complexion like Solange, aim for a high-impact color like Stila’s Color Balm Lipstick in Brigitte ($22). (Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty)
8. Keep It Classic: Jennifer Hudson could honestly rock any lip color she wants, but we love this classic pink on her. If you have a medium-dark complexion, try Sonia Kashuk Satin Lip Color In Parisian Pink 99 ($10) — this paraben-free formula is super hydrating and also contains SPF. (Photo via Pascal de Segretain/Getty)
9. Berry Beautiful: We’re swooning over Venus Williams’ bright berry lipstick. This Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Lively ($24) is saturated and moisturizing for the perfect lush, berry-riffic lip. (Photo via Bryan Bedder/Getty)
10. Magenta Magic: Lupita Nyong’o looks amazing in red, but we’re loving this magenta lip on her! If you have darker skin like Lupita, try a heavily pigmented color that will show up against your skin, like Avon’s Ultra Color Bold Lipstick in Fearless Fuchsia ($8). (Photo via Michael Buckner/Getty)
What is your favorite pink lipstick? Let us know in the comments!