12 DIY Ways to Pimp Your (Bike) Ride
We’ve covered awesome gadgets you can buy for your bike. We’ve even given you righteous ways to hang your ride. Oh, and then there was the time we featured bike lights that were anything but lame. And today? Today, our friends, we give you DIY ways to pimp your pedals. Ride on!
3. Paint Job: Here’s the scenario: You didn’t know you could customize your wheels, so you went ahead and bought a drab ride, and now, you have serious regrets. Stop regretting, and get on that DIY paint job. On the double! (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Color Wheel: Remember those kids who put playing cards in their spokes? They were badass. This hack is like that. Except prettier. And more colorful. And less noisy. OMG. Are we getting old? (via Daily Dose Of Imagery)
7. Crochet Skirt Guard: There are a lot of needlework items for bikes out there that are just not so pretty, but spending $5 for this pattern is well worth the money and puts those other projects to shame. (via Ravelry)
10. Polka Dot Frame: We 100 percent love Public Bike’s polka-dot frame, but it’s currently unavailable, and we don’t really love the price tag. This is a job for sticker dots or even the almighty Sharpie. (Public Bikes)
12. Streamers: The wind blowing through your hair is just so much better when it’s accompanied by the sound of streamers, made by the one and only you. (via North Story)
What’s ringing your bike bell? Be a spokes-person in the comments below!