14 Times Blake Lively Gave Us Total Summer Wardrobe Goals
For someone who famously doesn’t enlist the help of a stylist, Blake Lively sure knows how to put a look together. While she no doubt gets dressed in glamorous designer threads for red carpets — like at Cannes, where she slayed in Disney-inspired gowns earlier this summer — it’s her own eye and unique touches that not only make her look aspirational, but add that personal touch and feel of fun to her Instagram outfit posts.
1. New York Cool: Serena’s back in Brooklyn! Blake beats New York’s heat this week in classic comfy Chucks and a flowy floral number (with a thigh-high slit, to boot). Nailing it, always.
2. Casual Couture: Blake is the queen of turning high-end labels like this stunning Valentino dress and studded Louboutin heels into approachable daytime staples.
3. Accessories for Days: And have we mentioned how amazingly she accessorizes? Blake paired her patterned Valentino dress with bold, chunky Lorraine Schwartz bangles and a bag to match the heels. Because why play it safe? Classic Blake.
4. Fit for Summer: While doing promo for her new movie Cafe Society in NYC, Blake stuck to bright, summery hues with a body-conscious neon pink and nude embroidered Jonathan Simkhai organza dress. And she looked amazing. Duh.
5. Summery Details: So simple but so summer-perfect: flip flops, bright mani and pedi and a cowboy hat. So. Much. Yes.
6. Dazzle Hands: But enough with the simplicity: Who needs it when you can accessorize like this?! Blake layers on the chunky bracelets and rings while doing promo for The Shallows.
7. Stacked Bling: Jewelry stacking, this time in delicate diamonds and stunning blues, is another signature summer look for Blake.
8. Crop Tops: Three words: MATERNITY. CROP TOP. Because who can even DEAL with the summer heat?
9. United Stripes of America: Blake wears the summer’s hottest trend — stripes — with a patriotic red, white and blue flair.
10. French It- Girl: Here’s Blake in a different take on the super trendy French look for summer, this time in a preppy get-up we’re still dreaming of.
11. Classic Chic: Quintessential Blake right here — simple, pretty and fitted. A classic look for just about any summer occasion.
12. Au Naturale: What’s a better summer wardrobe or beauty goal then just letting that hair go? The natural air-dried look is a go-to in the heat.
13. Denim Layers: As summer transitions into cooler early fall evenings, you’ll wanna steal this look. Even if you’re not wearing a stunning yellow Jenny Packham gown, you’ll want a denim jacket to slip over just about anything.
14. Hoodie Glam: Same goes for the classic gray jersey hoodie, which Blake inadvertently made her signature summer look when she paired it with a mini Michael Kors feathered number. Because why not?!
What’s your favorite summer look of Blake’s? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @blakelively)