How to Sweeten Your Dinner With Blueberries
We all look forward to blueberry season, and when it’s finally here, we crave the bite-size fruit all day every day. We want them at breakfast, in our smoothies, and piled into our fruit crumbles! But have you ever considered bringing blueberries to the dinner table? You should. This sweet and mellow berry goes along swimmingly with salads, cheeses, pizzas, and even grilled meats. We’ve got 13 *berry* delicious dinner recipes that will have you looking like Violet Beauregarde by summer’s end.
1. BBQ Feta and Blueberry Flatbread: Smothered with a sweet BBQ sauce and decked out with tangy feta, peppery arugula, honey-roasted ham, and blueberries, this flatbread is as summertime as it gets. (via The Sweet and Simple Kitchen)
2. Blueberry Honey Lime Chicken With Avocado Pesto Cucumber Noodles: This dreamy dinner option brings a refreshing medley of flavors to your chicken with lip-smacking honey, lime, and blueberries. (via Food Faith Fitness)
3. Jerk Salmon With Radicchio Blueberry Slaw and Sherry Vinaigrette: Up your salad game by tossing radicchio, arugula, cooling mint, crumbly feta, and blueberries in a homespun vinaigrette, then top it off with a punchy fillet of flaky salmon. (via A Clean Bake)
4. Balsamic Blueberry and Brie Burgers: Once you sink your teeth into this exciting burger brimming with balsamic blueberry sauce and creamy Brie, you’ll never think about a regular ol’ American cheeseburger again. (via The Travel Bite)
6. Red White and Blue Chicken Tacos With Blueberry Jalapeño Coleslaw: If you’re looking for some next-level tacos, these bad boys are jam-packed with tender chicken, a zingy salsa, and a creamy red cabbage and blueberry slaw. (via PDX Food Love)
7. Southwest Blueberry Cobb Salad: This is cobb salad like you’ve never seen it before, with a bounty of fresh summer veggies like grilled corn, leafy greens, cubed chicken, and juicy blueberries. (via The Foodie Physician)
8. Blueberry Balsamic Grilled Cheese: You’re never too old for a melty grilled cheese sandwich — especially an elevated version like this one that brings sweet blueberries, balsamic vinegar, and fresh basil leaves to the mix. (via Hello Fresh)
9. Blueberry Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken: Who said easy sheet pan dinners can’t be fancy? A sweet and fruity marinade marries savory spices in this 30-minute wonder that’ll set you up with delicious leftovers for the rest of the week. (via The Girl on Bloor)
10. Blueberry Chicken Salad Croissant: The creamy chicken salad we know and love gets amped up by sweet wild blueberries and crunchy walnuts in this crave-worthy croissant ‘wich. (via Not Starving Yet)
11. Blueberry Balsamic Chicken Meatball Pizza: Smothered in a blueberry balsamic sauce and topped with lean from-scratch chicken meatballs, this pizza pie is *not* like the others. (via Melanie Makes)
12. Blueberry Balsamic BBQ Turkey Legs: Don’t limit turkey consumption to the holidays; this recipe grills big juicy turkey legs and then hits them with a blueberry balsamic sauce that *screams* for summertime. (via Running to the Kitchen)
13. Kalua Pork Sliders With Mango Blueberry Salsa: If you love pulled pork sandwiches and are the adventurous type, then these smokey sliders piled high with mango blueberry salsa have your name written ALL over them. (via How Sweet It Is)
For more refreshing summer eats, follow us on Pinterest!