13 Fruit Crumbles to Sweeten Your Next Cookout
When summer hits and the markets are stacked, everyone’s searching for ways to stuff themselves with summer’s best fruits while they’re in season. Mason jars abound for canning jams and jellies, dough is rolled out for tarts and fruit salads appear on every picnic table in the land. All of these fruit-centric foods are fantastic, and we can’t picture life without them, but if you’re looking for an out-of-the-box yet super simple indulgence, there’s a quick and easy solution that will satisfy your sweet tooth and tickle your soul: fruit crumbles! Typically affiliated with the crisp autumn weather and warm mugs of coffee or tea, crumbles make for a fantastic summer dessert too. So, grab your ice cream from the freezer and plop a scoop onto one of these 13 sweet, gooey and crunchy confections.
1. Mixed Berry Crumble Tart: The wonderful thing about berries is how versatile they are. No matter what you have on hand, you’re guaranteed to end up with something delicious. Strawberries and blueberries play off one another perfectly in this crumbly tart. (via Salted Plains)
2. Pineapple Mango and Coconut Crumble: A crumble is likely the last place you’d expect to find tropical flavors, but what a pleasant surprise! With sweet mangos, sour pineapple and toasted coconut, this crunchy treat is best enjoyed poolside with daiquiris all summer long. (via Sips and Spoonfuls)
3. Easy Blackberry Crisp: It seems that people are always wondering what to do with blackberries. Sweet, tart and slightly bitter, they pair perfectly with a warm and gooey crispy oat topping, plus a scoop of vanilla ice cream. There — now your blackberry problem is solved! (via Chef Savvy)
4. Vegan + Gluten Free Mini Strawberry Crumbles: Who wouldn’t want to dig their spoon into a sizzling pile of strawberries coated with golden brown oats? In this crumble, the strawberry shares the spotlight with no one. (via Wry Toast Eats)
5. Paleo Banana Crumble: It’s difficult to find crumbles that don’t incorporate apples or berries of some sort, and that’s why this banana crumble is so awesome. It’s an uncommon combo, but you just know it’ll work once you start thinking about it. Soon you’ll be pining for it too. (via Wallflower Kitchen)
6. Cinnamon Oat Peach Crumble: Peach season is here, and we’re all pretty much losing our minds. But once you’re done downing peaches one by one from the basket, consider this tantalizing crumble with a cinnamon brown sugar oat topper. (via If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen)
7. Healthy Raspberry and Rhubarb Crumble: Grab your spoons and don’t ask any questions — the word “healthy” has been dropped, and we *must* feast. There should still be some rhubarb kicking around the markets, and it’s too hot to slave over baking pies. Solution: Serve this ALL summer long. (via Pure Ella)
8. Pineapple Crisp: If you love pineapple and could eat a whole one by yourself, we’re about to make your day. This crisp is packed with chunks of fresh pineapple and coated with a sugar streusel. You’re welcome. (via The Recipe Rebel)
9. Peach and Blueberry Crumble With Gingersnap Crust: Not much else in the world can compare to the feeling of biting into a juicy peach. Now imagine pairing said peach with blueberries and coating the mix with a blend of gingersnaps and almonds. Pretty much perfection. (via Camille Styles)
10. Blueberry Plum Crisp With Crème Anglaise: This crumble is fancy. It combines juicy black plums, blueberries, honey, cardamom and some floral notes with lavender. Oh, and instead of ice cream, this one calls for crème anglaise. Oui, s’il vous plaît! (via Sift and Whisk)
11. Apricot Ginger Crumble: Another stone fruit to get excited about is the apricot. Smooth and sweet, these velvety golden fruits are topped with an oat crumble that’s spiced with freshly grated ginger. It’s basically impossible to resist. (via The Smoothie Lover)
12. Pear, Pomegranate and Maple Crumble: The summer season offers us a plethora of fruits to choose from when baking, but don’t ignore those juicy pears. You can find d’Anjou pears year round. In this dish, they’re sprinkled with pomegranate seeds and a crunchy maple pecan crumble. (via Downshiftology)
13. Gluten-Free Cherry Crumble: Cherries are a symbol of sweetness, flirtation and temptation, all in one tiny ruby package. This crumble is covered in cinnamon toasted oats, and we dare you to eat just one serving. (via The Healthy Maven)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious + sweet recipe ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)