17 Sunny Day Flatbreads and Pizzas for Summer
Pizza all day every day, amirite? This (genius) thought process shouldn’t disappear in the summertime just because everyone and their mother wants to grill burgers and tacos. After all, there are plenty of ways to put a summery spin on your fave pizza pie. Think fresh produce, herbs, and grilled meats — OH MY. These 17 bright and beautiful pizza recipes are al fresco-approved, seasonal, and ready to be plopped onto your plate.
2. Vegetarian Summer Tomato Pizza and Basil Garlic Butter: With a simple homemade no-knead flatbread, this veg-friendly pizza is ready in a snap. Top it off with juicy cherry tomatoes, briny green olives, greens, and a creamy drizzle of cashew sauce. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
5. 10-Minute Naan Bread: If you need a quick fix, this garlicky and herbaceous naan pizza will do the trick. Top it with a tasty blend of mozzarella and cheddar, and garnish with fresh basil for the ultimate summer vibe. (via Domestic Gothess)
6. Shrimp Scampi Pizza: Bring your love for shrimp and pizza together with cheesy and garlicky goodness. Thanks to the ease of a ready-made crust, you’ll be mowing down in less than 30! (via The Blond Cook)
7. Grilled Watermelon Salad Pizza: If sweet and salty is your jam, this summer-inspired pizza will completely *woo* you with its juicy grilled watermelon, roasted pistachios, leafy greens, and soft farmer cheese. (via Smorgaseats)
12. Grilled Naan Pizza With Strawberry Chicken and Avocado: Bright and beautiful flatbread is covered in a mouth-watering mix of tender chicken, sweet strawberries, and creamy avocado for a pizza that’s perfect for the patio. (via Well Plated by Erin)
13. Caprese Flatbread: Inspired by the oh-so-refreshing Caprese salad, this flatbread is adorned with soft mozzarella, tomatoes, and fresh basil for one of the easiest dinners you’ll make this season. (via Bijoux and Bits)
14. Grilled Cherry Flatbread: This masterpiece can be an appetizer, but you can also eat the entire thing yourself — and with goat cheese, caramelized onions, cherries, and spinach, you’ll *want* to. (via What’s Gaby Cooking?)
16. Tandoori Chicken Pizza: Tandoori chicken brings your traditional recipe to a WHOLE new level of awesome with mango chutney, onion, mushrooms, and mozzarella; serve with cooling cucumber and yogurt for extra *wow* factor. (via Sugar Salt Magic)
17. Strawberry Arugula Pizza: This puffy and pillowy crust acts as a perfect bed to strawberries, feta, pine nuts, and arugula that go on top; hit it with a balsamic glaze to be sent straight to pizza heaven. (via Feast and Fable)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delish ways to amp up your ‘za!