Spring party season is fast approaching. Between all the spring bridal showers and birthday parties, your schedule is about to be seriously booked until August. If you are planning on hosting a party for your kiddo, think outside the standard kid’s party themes box and throw your mini-me a boho birthday party to celebrate in style. Check out these 12 totally chic ideas to buy or DIY for your kid’s themed birthday party.
1. Paper Flower Decor: It doesn’t get more bohemian than *tons* of flowers. If real flowers are a bit over budget, DIY a few paper flowers and hang them behind your dessert table. They’ll instantly add that boho chic vibe you’re going for. (via Icing Designs)
2. Banner Cake Topper: Try this anything-but-boring option if you’re struggling to figure out how to decorate a birthday cake. All you need is a banner to stick on the top and a few fresh flowers to kick it up a notch. You could totally DIY this topper with some leftover scrapbook paper and paper straws. (via Style Me Pretty)
3. Teepee Dessert: While this might be a little *too* cutesy to have at a 30th birthday, it works perfectly for your little munchkin’s bash. Use ice cream cones, pretzels and icing to make this teepee dessert. It’s super tasty, especially when you’re ready to take that last bite. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
4. Happy Birthday Banner: Finding ways to decorate on a budget can be a little tricky, but you can never go wrong with a banner like this one. Not only is it easy on the wallet but it’s also perfect for your gathering and doubles as a designated photo booth space. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
5. Sweet Treats Table: Your number one priority when hosting a party should *always* be the food and dessert because food > everything. Make your favorite sweet treats and dress up the table with fresh flowers from your garden. Finishing off the decor with a mylar balloon gets you some extra bonus points, especially if it’s gold. (via Glitter Inc.)
6. Bonne Soiree Designs Boho Birthday Invitation ($18): Sending out huge group texts as invitations just isn’t as fun as popping these 5x7s in the mail. Who can resist a good piece of snail mail? Answer: nobody. Snag a set of these invites to send out before the big day.
7. Kraft Bag Party Favor DIY: Filled with confetti, party poppers and all-things boho chic, these party favor bags are perfect for your little one’s get-together. Grab a set of kraft paper bags online or at your local craft store and start filling ’em up with candies and dollar store gems. Seal them with a fun sticker and consider the favors complete. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
8. DIY Donut Arrows: You definitely have a pack or two of paper straws tucked into a drawer for safe keeping. You’ve been saving them for just the right event. Well wait no more! Pick up a box of donuts at the grocery store and slide them onto the straws, then glue heart arrow heads and feathers onto the ends. Yep, your dessert table just got a lot cuter. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
9. DIY Laser Cut Welcome Sign: Break out the laser cutter for this DIY to welcome your guests. Customize it with your child’s name and hang tassels around it to decorate. Once the party is over, your little one can hang it in their room and remember this bash for years to come. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
10. Pastel Party Favor DIY: Who doesn’t love receiving little gifts like this? Party favors are such fun and unexpected items that will really take your party to the next level. All you need to create this cute favor is a glass jar, some pastel paint and plastic animal toys. Fill the jar with candy or little knick-knacks. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
11. Outdoor Teepee DIY: Make your boho bash the party of the year by adding an outdoor teepee. While it might take a little extra effort to put it together, the payoff is amazing. It’ll get you some serious brownie points from your kid, plus a fair amount of wows from the other parents. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
12. Shabby Chic Caramel Apples: You’ve never seen candy apples this chic before. Roll the fruit in caramel and then dip them in coconut shavings to create this effect. Add a feather and leather bow to make it shabby chic. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
What kinds of parties are you throwing this spring? Chat with us on Twitter @britandco!