19 Ideas for Hosting the Most Epic Book Club Party
Getting all your bookworm besties together is always a blast, but this month (National Library Lovers’ Month) you have extra reason to go all out. Literary book decor, a surprising theme, cocktails (of course), and even a book swap or a donation bin celebrate the true spirit of the month. Scroll on to find genius ideas that’ll make sure your book club party is a story for the ages!
1. SammyReadsBooks What Happens in Book Club Art Print ($13+): Make sure your guests are all on the same page by hanging this print on the wall.
2. Printing on Book Pages DIY: This project will instantly upgrade your decor, and it couldn’t be easier. Just take vintage book pages and use a printer to add a unique color image over the text. Frame the pages to upgrade your gallery wall or dessert table in a matter of minutes. (via The Wonder Forest)
3. Callie Meaney’s Literary Scents Candles ($16): Named for the locations in literary classics, these bookish candles will transport your guests to the most memorable moments. Choose from four options: Alice in Wonderland‘s mad tea party, Sherlock Holmes‘ study, Jane Eyre‘s ambrosial rose garden, or an ivy-filled escape out of Pride & Prejudice.
4. Art Tree Designs Book Club Throw Pillows ($20+): Cozy up with your gals, a bottle of vino, and a few book-themed pillows. Order various sizes to up the comfort of your space, and then get ready for your #squad to launch an intense discussion.
5. DIY Book Club Wine Glasses: Use permanent vinyl decals (which can be printed via an electronic cutting machine) to spell out punny bookish phrases for everyone’s glassware. Make enough to send one home with each guest as a favor. (via Happiness Is Homemade)
6. Planner Sticker Jubilo Book Club Page Flags ($4): Your crew can always have the next book club marked in their planner with these can’t-miss-it stickers. If life happens and you need to change the date, these are easily re-stickable.
7. A Little Leafy’s Sorry My Weekend Is Booked Wall Clock ($30): Weekends are the best time to catch up on your latest read. Hang this wall clock so guests know to *book* you in advance.
8. Grapes and Wrath Cocktail: Great minds drink alike, and when you’re feeling a little vino’d out, a literary-themed cocktail recipe is sure to be a hit. Draw from some serious classic inspo to craft a cocktail using bourbon and concord grapes. (via Food & Wine)
9. Restoration Hardware Oscar Wilde Literary Quote Coasters ($18, set of four): Enliven your party with the musings of literary giant Oscar Wilde. Each coaster in this set is printed with a different quote.
10. Berylune Gone With the Gin and Tequila Mocking Bird Cocktail Books ($13 each): Serve up literary gin or tequila cocktails on your Oscar Wilde coasters. These books are sold separately, but in the *spirit* of Library Lovers’ Month, you’ll want to add both of these classics to your bar library.
11. DLDesignerCrafts Classic Novel Wine Glass Charms ($10, set of six): Help your guest keep track of their drinks with bookish drink tags. Assign each guest by the characters they most resemble or admire.
12. HandmadeAllisonCole I Heart Books Pin ($10): Hand out a book-lovin’ pin to guests when they arrive. They’ll love taking them home as favors, to bring back into play again each month.
13. TangerineStitches I Read Past My Bed Time Tote ($20+): If your guests get a little overzealous with the book swap, make sure they’ve got a way to carry everything home! Or, if your party is planning to start on next month’s read, use this bag to bring copies for everyone to take home.
14. FrancineandGeorgia Book Club Pins ($2): Cheers to a perfect (and affordable) favor for all the members of your book club. Whether the reading stops at the wine label is another story altogether.
15. Tea Party Tea Sandwiches: Finger sandwiches are a must at any book club. Serve three different recipes, easily de-crusted with fun cookie cutters. Your guests will love how the fruity fillings pair with their vino. (via Celebrations at Home)
16. Lars Book Club Bookmark Printable: Make sure your guests never lose their place. Hand out printable favors that you’ve laminated, so they’ll hold all the way to The End. (via The House That Lars Built)
17. DIY Book Planters for Succulents: Homemade book planters are the perfect craft to repurpose a vintage book into a home decor staple. They’ll look great on your coffee table, during and after your party. (via Apartment Therapy)
18. Nallashop Book Clubs Are Punk Sweatshirt ($25): As host of the book club, this sweatshirt is a must. Pair it with a tulle skirt and heels for a chic hostess party outfit, and with leggings when you’re feeling more chill.
19. Book Club Discussion Questions: Of course you have the gossip and the wine to look forward to, but you might want an excuse to ensure you get some discussion time in. This free printable makes for the perfect conversation starter and to keep (at least part of) the discussion focused on your latest read. (via Sunny Day Family)
Want more themed party design inspo? Check out our boards on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.