Summer, you should give yourself a high five for being the perfect time of year to get down on some sweet, juicy watermelon. And before you fade away, making that perfect fruit just a distant memory, we’ve compiled some NSFK (Not Suitable for Kids) recipes for a little cocktail-infused fun to close out your season and celebrate National Watermelon Day. Get ready for an extra dose of cocktail fun ’cause these refreshing takes on the watermelon are next-level awesome.
1. Watermelon Mojito Popsicles: Keep the adults happy with this boozy poptail. And if you have to, keep the kids oblivious with their own non-alcoholic version. (Check out these recipes for some inspiration.) (via Endless Simmer)
2. Frozen Watermelon Mint Margaritas: Turn up that refreshing mint-watermelon combo with some tequila and don’t forget to salt the rim. The mason jar is optional, but definitely recommended for cuteness. (via Brit + Co)
4. Watermelon Granitas With Coconut Whipped Cream: Let us say it again for you: watermelon granitas with coconut whipped cream. These little jars of heaven are spiked with coconut rum and taste delicious. The recipe only yields four servings, so you’d better keep your guest list down or make a whole bunch. (via How Sweet It Is)
5. Watermelon Lime Margaritas: The classic margarita just got an upgrade. Try not to devour those sweet slices of watermelon before you blend them and add that essential splash of lime juice. (via Kitchen Confidante)
6. Spiked Crushed Watermelon Popsicles: How about a beat-the-heat treat that packs a little punch? We love how this recipe incorporates the rind to make each pop look like a watermelon slice. (via Lulus)
7. Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita: A little sweet/spicy action has always been a definite yes for our taste buds. We’re sure your friends will appreciate you even more after making this cocktail. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
What boozy watermelon recipe are you dying to try? Leave your favorites below so we can try them to!