15 Popsicle Recipes That Will Make You Melt
When temperatures soar and your go-to snacks aren’t cutting it, a popsicle can always save the day (or pool party). They’re easy to make and only require a few ingredients, so you can spend less time in a hot kitchen and more time playing in the sun. Whip them up in the morning and they’ll be ready before the afternoon sun hits. Whether you want something fruity, tangy, sweet, creamy, boozy, healthy or indulgent, we’ve got a recipe below to meet your needs.
2. Mint Mojito Iced Coffee Popsicles: One taste of these coffee pops and we’re sure you’ll be hooked, and that’s not just because of the caffeine. Creamy half-and-half gets blended with cold brew and brown sugar and is topped off with an unexpected hint o’ mint. It’s our new favorite afternoon pick-me-up. (via Brit + Co)
4. Brownie-Cow Popsicles: These brownie pops are perfect if you’re craving something rich and refreshing. The secret ingredient for this ultra-indulgent treat? A splash of sweetened condensed milk. (via Lady and Pups)
7. Ombre Grapefruit Tangerine Popsicle: These are as pretty as they are tasty, and surprisingly easy to make. All you need are two Italian sodas or fruit juices in complementary shades. (via Paper & Stitch)
8. Roasted Banana Paletas: These Mexican-inspired popsicles get a double dose of creaminess from yogurt and bananas. Of course, not until after the bananas have been carefully caramelized with vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar. We had you at caramelized, right? (via Food52)
9. Pinot Noir Blackberry Pops: This is one luxe popsicle. Blackberries get a hit of wine to bring out their deepest, juiciest flavor. Play around with other varietals and fruit for your perfect poptail. (via Bon Appétit)
10. Chai Tea Latte Gelato Pops: You’ll never have to make the very stressful decision of popsicle versus ice cream again. This recipe uses a custard base to achieve a gelato texture (not to mention one tasty canvas for all those chai spices). (via Lemons for Lulu)
11. Smashed Berry-Lime Coconut Yogurt Pops: Tangy yogurt, fresh berries and luscious coconut milk? Talk about a perfectly satisfying (and healthy!) combination. We could definitely eat these for breakfast. (via Desserts for Breakfast)
12. Mint-Chocolate Pops: Here, a classic combo gets a makeover with dairy-free coconut milk. We also love the use of both fresh mint and extract. Feel free to substitute in whole milk if your heart so desires. (via Tutti Dolci)
13. Classic Creamsicles: These are the popsicles of your childhood dreams, only better. You can use any fruit juice, but the ladies behind this recipe suggest grapefruit for a yummy twist. (via A Beautiful Mess)
14. “Firecracker” Berry Yogurt Pops: The search for the perfect patriotic dessert is over. These festive blueberry and strawberry pops scream 4th of July. Plus, they only take a few minutes to make with the help of a food processor, leaving you more time for fireworks and splashing in the pool. (via Martha Stewart)
15. Watermelon Popsicles: Just when you thought watermelon couldn’t get any more refreshing, we give you the watermelon pop. You only need two ingredients to make them, which is a good thing because you’ll want to have these around all summer long. (via Creme de la Crumb)
Do you have a favorite ice cream truck treat from childhood? Any delish popsicle recipes we missed? Tell us in the comments below!