35 Ways to Bring Watermelon to the Party
Hear us out: watermelons are the perfect summer fruit and should be celebrated as such at your next summer soiree. Correction: as your next summer soiree. That’s right, we’re talking about a watermelon-themed party, complete with juicy melon bites, refreshing drinks, pink and green decor galore and an outfit so cute you’ll want to wear it every day. Here are 35 ways to be the hostess with the mostest watermelon.
8. Spiked Watermelon Punch in A Watermelon Drink Dispenser: To wash down all the delicious bites you’ll be serving, you’re going to need some equally yummy beverages. And why not let your watermelon do double duty as the main ingredient in a spiked punch AND the bowl for said punch? Genius. (via Brit + Co)
12. Pink Watermelon Lemonade Slushies: These are the adult version of those slushies we enjoyed as kids. These are made with all-natural ingredients and avoid the questionable syrups. (via Half Baked Harvest)
13. Watermelon Granitas: For a light slushy dessert, blend and double-freeze a pan of your party’s star fruit. Just don’t forget the dollops of whipped coconut cream. Pro tip: spike these suckers for an after dinner watermelon margarita granita. (via How Sweet It Is)
14. Watermelon Sorbet Wedges: We can’t figure out what we love more: the layered flavor combination of blueberry, lemon and raspberry, or their striking geometric presentation. Let’s say the former, since we know we’re going to eat every last bite. (via Brit + Co)
18. Tablecloth: With your menu set, you’re probably now thinking about where you’ll serve all your food and drink. You know what they say about an apple a day… it makes a seriously fun watermelon DIY project. (via I Love to Create)
19. Watermelon Napkins: This French tutorial was too beautiful to exclude from our watermelon party roundup. These could work as your dinner napkins or as a party favor for your guests. (via Vanessa Pouzet)
20. Watermelon Cocktail Napkins ($32): These hand printed napkins are great for those of us party planners who may not have time to DIY our own.
23. Watermelon Bunting: This watermelon garland would make for a cute backdrop at the photobooth we hope you’ll have at your watermelon party. Or simply hang it as part of your other decorations. (via Minieco)
24. Watermelon Throw Pillow ($24): Because it’s important to keep your guests’ comfort in mind and your decor on-trend.
25. Toppers: Incorporate these floating watermelon wedges into the party decor by plunging them into a cakey dessert as shown — or use them as beverage stirrers or even photobooth props. (via A Subtle Revelry)
26. Balloons: If your party’s outside, line the perimeter of your yard with these helium-friendly melons or tie them to the food table. And make it easy for your guests to find your home by affixing a few to your mailbox. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
32. Painted Sunglasses: You know that photobooth we keep encouraging? Yeah, these would be perfect for that. Or as a party favor. Or as one of your accessories. Or all of the above. (via eHow Crafts Blog)
33. D(i)yed Shorts: You don’t have to be a little kid to get away with wearing a watermelon print. Case in point: these adorable shorts. We’re gonna want to wear them for the rest of the summer. (via DIY + Crafts)
Have other ideas for a watermelon summer bash? Tell us about your melon party must-haves below!