There’s something about crisp fall days that has us thinking of all the ways we can enjoy whiskey, and not just in our favorite sippers. Here, we’ve rounded up 20 fantastic foods — that’s right, no cocktails here! — that benefit from a shot of bourbon. Want more in the way of booze-boosted recipes? Be sure to check out all the ways you can incorporate wine and beer into your dinner menu.
2. Bourbon Caramelized Bacon and Heirloom Tomato BLT With Fried Eggs + Smoked Gouda.: As if BLTs couldn’t get more delicious, this one features bacon AND mayo spiked with whiskey. (via Half Baked Harvest)
9. Pistachio-Crusted French Toast With Bourbon Maple Cherry Topping + Coconut Whipped Cream (Vegan): Make this French toast the centerpiece of your next brunch spread. (via Pickles + Honey)
10. Bourbon Maple Slow Cooker Baked Beans (Gluten-free, Vegan): You’ll never want to reach for the canned kind again after you try these. “Baked” in a slow cooker… it doesn’t get much easier than that! (via Averie Cooks)
11. Grilled Cheese With Heirloom Tomato + Maple-Bourbon Bacon Jam: We’re convinced that a jar of this savory-sweet jam should be kept on hand at all times for bacon and bourbon emergencies. (via Whole Home News)
12. Chocolate Cherry Skillet Blondie (Gluten-free): Whiskey adds a smokey note to this buttery blondie. Make it a double by topping it with a scoop of the accompanying recipe for bourbon frozen yogurt! (via Bojon Gourmet)
13. Bacon Bourbon Sweet Potato Bisque With Cinnamon Toast Croutons and Bourbon Butter: The title says it all. Go ahead and warm up on a chilly night with a bowlful of this amazing soup. (via The Endless Meal)
17. No-Ice-Cream-Maker Salted Caramel, Bourbon, Nutter Butter and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream: No cooking or churning required? Sold! (via Averie Cooks)
18. Brûléed Bourbon-Maple Pumpkin Pie: This recipe puts just about every other pumpkin pie to shame. The crackly sugar crust on top shatters to reveal a creamy pumpkin custard underneath; to top it off, all this awesomeness is packed in an unexpected chocolate crust. (via Bon Appétit)
20. Oven-Fried Southern Chicken With Sweet Honey Bourbon Sauce: Skip the 20-piece fried nuggets at your local drive-thru and make these chicken tenders instead — your extra effort will pay off big time in the flavor department. (via Half Baked Harvest)
How do you like to enjoy bourbon outside of a glass? Let’s talk whiskey-spiked creations in the comments!