Structured Style: 22 Boxy Tops to Rock This Fall
Ladies, it’s time to think inside the box. We all need a little structure in our wardrobe, and boxy tops provide exactly that. They’re oh-so chic, and the absolute best part about ’em is that they’re versatile enough to go with everything from a slim pair of skinnies to a flowy midi skirt. Ready to check out 22 of the foxiest boxy tops you’ll ever see? Let’s go!
1. Cropped Boxy Knitted Top ($35): This crop top is fan-freakin-tastic. We mean, when was the last time you saw a top that was well-structured, brightly colored and printed?
2. Valentine Boxy T-Shirt ($98): We do love our prints, but sometimes plain is off the chain (yes, we went for the rhyme). This top could be worn with a simple scarf for a day at work or rocked with some shiny bling for a night on the town.
3. Boxy T-Shirt in Plaid Check ($39): Plaid, you say? Yes, yes, yes! This is fall fashion, after all.
4. Athletic Boxy Tee ($8): Football season is here, which means it’s time to stock up on athletic wear. Since we can’t be expected to own a jersey for every game, this simple tee is a great game-day wardrobe enhancer.
5. Boxy Crop Top in Tropical Print ($16): In the past, tropical prints have been reserved for spring and summer. It’s time to move forward, guys. Tropical prints are still amazing for every single season (though we might give winter a pass).
6. Epaulette Top ($80): Yet another beautifully simple top that could be worn to work or a party.
7. Boxy Top in Scarf Print ($40): Scarf prints are the bomb; there’s no doubt about it. They’re so wonderfully complex that you really don’t need any accessories at all. Just a plain pair of pants’ll do.
8. Check Boxy Blouse ($50): Variations on checks and plaid are some of our most favorite things ever, so this blouse is pretty rad. It’s the modern, almost abstract version of the schoolgirl skirt print.
9. Boxy Embroidered Top ($23): Changing into a bright, sunny yellow top is one of the best ways to start your day. It’s pretty, feminine and will give you the ability to spread happiness to everyone around you.
11. Boxy Ornate Geo Top ($13): This ornate geo print is almost like another scarf print, and we’re loving that so much. Its traditional vibe contrasts awesomely with edgy leather pants.
13. Boxy Shirt With Scallop Collar ($48): A white collared shirt should definitely make an appearance in every woman’s closet; they’re just so darn versatile. And this one’s got that adorable scalloped collar!
14. Abstract Checkered Boxy Top ($16): Our hearts are melting for this checkered top. The gorgeous hair and makeup on this model aren’t helping the melting situation at all. But we’re fine with that.
15. Boxy Scuba Fleece Crop Top ($38): Scuba is just so much fun to wear. Who would’ve thought even a year ago that the material would make its way into the fashion world so successfully?!
16. Boxy Top With High Neck and Kimono Sleeve ($54): Kimono sleeves are also exceptionally enjoyable to wear. Tops like this are great for cool autumn days, but are airy enough to last warmer temps as well.
17. Boxy T-Shirt in New Burdeos ($30): New Burdeos just might be one of our new favorite colors. It’s like fuschia, but so much better.
19. High Neck Boxy Top in Geo Print ($80): High necks and collars are trending, and now is the time to jump on the bandwagon. Pair it with a bright yellow midi skirt and a pair of black pumps.
20. Boxy Crop Top in Black ($40): Did you know they made high-low tops in addition to the skirts and dresses? You learn something new every day.
21. Boxy Top in Texture ($39): We heart texture so, so much. Pretty much everyone would look fabulous wearing this top, especially if they had a pair of sleek black pants and some emerald-colored earrings on.
22. Boxy Windowpane Top ($13): In the past, we thought of windowpane as a play on plaid, but the pattern is really making a name for itself now. Just check out how cute this super affordable top is!
What’s your favorite trend of the season? Share it with us down below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)