18 Reasons Why We’re Crazy for Kimonos
It’s no secret that us gals love to wear loose-fitting clothes when it’s crazy hot out — it’s an easy cheat to stay cool during the summer. But if you’re getting to the point where you’ve started to exhaust your supply of breezy pieces, have no fear! We have 18 trendy ways to get your flow on, kimono-style. Think: wide-sleeve tops, dresses and layering pieces that will put your summer wardrobe over the top.
1. Combi Garden Kimono ($83): We just can’t get enough of this kimono and that awesome fringed hem. Styled perfectly with a simple tee, a pair of denim shorts and some subtle bling, this printed number has our name on it.
2. Kimono Tokyo Top ($325): Inspired by the traditional Japanese robe, this sheer kimono-style top is sophisticated and breezy. The combination of print, pleats and silhouette just works.
4. Petite Dark Floral Kimono ($92): All you petite ladies out there, we’ve got you covered (literally). This dark floral reminds us of a more classic kimono print, but the structured shoulders definitely add a modern touch.
7. Kimono in Pretty Twisted Floral Print ($86): Pretty is an understatement when it comes to this elegant and fun jacket. We adore this kimono’s colorful and modern take on floral prints.
11. Kimono Playsuit in Vintage Floral Print ($77): An adorable, yellow romper is always a good idea. But when you add wide kimono sleeves?! We’ve only dreamed of such things! And as if it couldn’t get any better, this one also comes in black.
14. Poison Arrow Sequin Kimono ($78): You probably know us well enough to know that here at Brit HQ, we love all things that shine and sparkle, which is just one reason why we’re seriously crushin’ on this one.
16. Akumal Kimono Scarf ($68): Wait, so is this a kimono or a scarf? Guess you’ll just have to try it on to find out!
17. Kimono Wrap Maxi Dress ($67): Channel your inner Angelina Jolie with this sexy thigh-split maxi dress that mimics a traditional kimono robe. You’ll be the talk of the town (in a good way, of course).
18. Kimono Shift Dress in Pretty Floral Print ($105): This effortless style will make you look chic, automatically. We love the floral print and the flattering cut.
Do you wear kimono-style clothing? Share your favorite piece with us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)