18 Reasons Why We’re Crazy for Kimonos
It’s no secret that us gals love to wear loose-fitting clothes when it’s crazy hot out — it’s an easy cheat to stay cool during the summer. But if you’re getting to the point where you’ve started to exhaust your supply of breezy pieces, have no fear! We have 18 trendy ways to get your flow on, kimono-style. Think: wide-sleeve tops, dresses and layering pieces that will put your summer wardrobe over the top.
1. Combi Garden Kimono ($83): We just can’t get enough of this kimono and that awesome fringed hem. Styled perfectly with a simple tee, a pair of denim shorts and some subtle bling, this printed number has our name on it.
2. Kimono Tokyo Top ($325): Inspired by the traditional Japanese robe, this sheer kimono-style top is sophisticated and breezy. The combination of print, pleats and silhouette just works.
4. Petite Dark Floral Kimono ($92): All you petite ladies out there, we’ve got you covered (literally). This dark floral reminds us of a more classic kimono print, but the structured shoulders definitely add a modern touch.
7. Kimono in Pretty Twisted Floral Print ($86): Pretty is an understatement when it comes to this elegant and fun jacket. We adore this kimono’s colorful and modern take on floral prints.
11. Kimono Playsuit in Vintage Floral Print ($77): An adorable, yellow romper is always a good idea. But when you add wide kimono sleeves?! We’ve only dreamed of such things! And as if it couldn’t get any better, this one also comes in black.
14. Poison Arrow Sequin Kimono ($78): You probably know us well enough to know that here at Brit HQ, we love all things that shine and sparkle, which is just one reason why we’re seriously crushin’ on this one.
16. Akumal Kimono Scarf ($68): Wait, so is this a kimono or a scarf? Guess you’ll just have to try it on to find out!
17. Kimono Wrap Maxi Dress ($67): Channel your inner Angelina Jolie with this sexy thigh-split maxi dress that mimics a traditional kimono robe. You’ll be the talk of the town (in a good way, of course).
18. Kimono Shift Dress in Pretty Floral Print ($105): This effortless style will make you look chic, automatically. We love the floral print and the flattering cut.
Do you wear kimono-style clothing? Share your favorite piece with us in the comments below!