Leave it to Italian fashion house Gucci to take an everyday feature like our brows and make ’em extra luxe. The fashion house’s Cruise 2018 runway show from last weekend showed us how to take our arches to the next level with body baubles. Meet pearl brows, the new fad that will have you forgetting all about those barbed wire and feathered looks.
Models walked the runway with pearl accents fastened over their eyes. And Gucci didn’t stop at pearl brows — as the show progressed, the brand got more playful with the accessory.
They added in some face-framing jawline pearls and a full-on headpiece. While we’re not sure the world is ready for all that, the brows seem to be sticking, at least over on Instagram. Creative beauty lovers have been busy with the new trend — check out all the ways they’re wearing the pieces below!
1. Vacay-Ready: Pearl brows are the envelope-pushing beauty trend to rock on your next beach vacay. We can also see this being huge for festivals!
2. Back in Black: Who said pearls had to be white? This look switches it up with black pearls under the brow line. Stunning.
3. ’20s Glamour: A straight, chic line of pearls atop a smoky eye are all this Instagram user needs to stand out from the crowd with a retro look that’s all her own.
4. Getting Catty: You can also mix it up a bit, playing with pearl sizing and adding a playful cat eye, as this ‘grammer did here.
5. Under the Sea: Pearls are a mermaid’s best friend! This ethereal look, set off by iridescent rhinestones, some glittery green makeup, and matching hair, is ready for a dive.
Would you wear pearl brows? Tell us over @BritandCo.
(h/t Bustle; Photos via Pietro D’Aprano/Getty)