While we all love a #shelfie featuring the prettiest serums and creams, when it comes right down to it, an effective skincare routine is really about the ingredients inside those beautiful bottles. If you haven’t considered adding succulent-infused products to your regime in the past, now’s the time, according to New York City-based dermatologist Debra Jaliman. “This special water absorbs into our bodies and skin cells much better than regular water does,” says Jaliman, “It can help us achieve that glowy look so many of us strive for, and because it’s loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, it can also help keep our immune systems [stay] healthy.” It makes sense — after all, cacti stay hydrated in even the harshest of climates, so of course our dry skin can benefit from picking up on this plant’s moisturizing powers.
To try the growing ingredient trend for yourself, read on for the lowdown on cactus water moisturizer and other cactus-infused products.
1. Boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer ($38): Give your skin a drink! This lightweight, fast-absorbing, gel-like formula utilizes the queen of night cactus to deliver moisturized, soft, skin.
2. Kiehl’s Cactus Flower & “Tibetan Ginseng” Hydrating Mist ($27): If you’re someone who needs a skin pick-me-up as the day goes on, one spritz of this replenishing formula will have you good to go. This mist combines cactus flower’s hydrating properties with Tibetan ginseng to promote skin-cell respiration, resulting in a supple complexion in just a few sprays.
3. St. Ives Hydration Cactus Water & Hibiscus Cleansing Stick ($6): A cleansing stick is a skincare must when traveling, and one with coconut oil, cactus, and hibiscus extracts will keep your complexion soft, no matter your surroundings.
4. Sephora Collection Moisturizing & Refreshing Body Jelly ($15): When it comes to healthy, hydrated skin, why shouldn’t your body reap the benefits of a good cactus water moisturizer too? This jelly utilizes cactus extract to promote softer skin, as well as aloe vera for additional head-to-toe hydration.
5. TonyMoly I’m Real Cactus Sheet Mask ($4): When dry, dehydrated skin needs a little extra TLC, treat yourself to a sheet mask that soothes your skin. Natural prickly pear extract (a genus in the cactus family) is the key ingredient here, and it works to purify and hydrate in just one 20-minute application.
6. Pacifica Cactus Water Micellar Cleansing Tonic ($11): Pacifica carries multiple cactus water-infused products, and their micellar water gets skin squeaky-clean without stripping it, thanks to ingredients like cactus, coconut, calendula, and grapefruit waters.
7. Tula Aqua Infusion Oil-Free Gel Cream ($48): This cactus water moisturizer features a unique, lightweight gel cream formula that’s loaded with ingredients that give skin a plump and radiant finish. Along with organic prickly pear extract to soothe and reduce irritation, it includes moisture-locking probiotics, fermented rice water to minimize the look of pores, and a hydra plant complex to ensure hydration lasts all day long.
8. evanhealy Blue Cactus Beauty Elixir ($40): Prickly pear seed oil replenishes dehydrated skin instantly and smooths fine lines over time. Blue tansy and Hawaiian sandalwood ensure your complexion looks and feels its most supple.
Do you have a secret weapon product for hydration? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.