17 Cake Batter Recipes That Aren’t Cake
When you think of protein bars, flavored popcorn or gooey cinnamon buns, cake batter probably isn’t the flavor that immediately comes to mind. Well, consider your mind blown, because we have all of the above and then some — and they all taste just like cake! Instead of baking a regular cake for your next birthday, change it up with one of these non-cake cake batter recipes. Or just make one every day for 17 days. That’s fine too.
2. Cake Batter Blondies: We’ll take brownies in any form, especially when that form is filled with bright colors and *two* different kinds of sprinkles. We don’t even care what these taste like — they’re just SO pretty. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
3. Funfetti Cake Batter Breakfast Bake: If you’re uncertain what’s in a breakfast bake, let us break it down for you. This one is a combination of oats, almond flour and vanilla almond milk (plus a few more very special ingredients). It’s a healthy spin on a sugary treat. (via Running With Spoons)
4. Cake Batter Cookie Pie: This pie is like the ultimate hybrid of cookie, cake and ice cream. Chocolate chips layered on top of the crust make this super sweet treat a must-eat! (via Crazy for Crust)
5. Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies: Not only is there a whole box of funfetti cake batter in these cookies, but there’s also a full eight ounces of cream cheese. Holy crap. Cream cheese in cookies is definitely the way to sign us up for this trend. (via Cookies & Cups)
6. Cake Batter Dip Recipe: We know a thing or two about savory party dips, but this sweet, cake batter version is a whole different ballgame. We feel like dipping animal crackers in this just *might* taste like heaven. (via Budget Savvy Diva)
7. Cake Mix and Sprinkles Fudge: This fudge is loaded with sprinkles. They’ll melt in your mouth, along with the white chocolate and powdered sugar this fudge is made out of. One word: DECADENCE. (via Ashlee Marie)
9. Cake Batter Popcorn: This cake batter popcorn is probably supposed to be dessert, but we could eat it all day, every day. With only four ingredients, this recipe will come together in a matter of minutes. (via I Heart Naptime)
10. Birthday Cake Pretzels: Maybe it’s just us, but the combination of white chocolate, cake batter and a touch of salt puts us over the edge, in a really good way. We’ll take the whole bouquet, please. (via With Salt and Wit)
12. Cake Batter Cheesecake Dessert Shooters: There may not be any booze in these shooters, but Golden Oreos, tons of cream cheese and Cool Whip are enough for us. Three cheers to this gorgeous dessert! (via Sugar Spun Run)
14. Funfetti Cake Batter Waffles: These waffles are made with cake mix and topped with a sugary glaze and whipped cream. With sprinkles. Basically, these waffles are insane, in the best way possible. (via The Casual Craftlete)
15. Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls Made With a Cake Mix: We love this cinnamon roll because the sprinkles melted slightly and left smudges of color all over it. We also love it because it’s a cake-flavored cinnamon roll. (via Chef in Training)
16. Cake Batter Popsicles: Just picture it: It’s a hot end-of-summer kind of day and you really want cake, but you know you should eat a cold treat to cool off instead. Cake batter popsicles, people! They’re a real thing. (via Just Add Sprinkles)
17. Healthy Funfetti Protein Bars: This is the ultimate non-cake recipe, because unlike cake, it’s actually kind of healthy. Boasting tons of vanilla protein and cashew butter, it’s basically a protein bar disguised as a cake. (via Bests and Bites)
Do you love cake batter treats that don’t make cake? Follow us on Pinterest for more sweet recipes!