At a time when Hollywood’s most major fashion moments are determined by how much “hip cleavage” you flash (oh dear), we were beyond delighted to see a red carpet look with zero need for expertly placed Fashion Tape turning just as many heads. The A-lister responsible for this red carpet refresh is Cameron Diaz, who stepped out last week for the premiere of her blush-worthy comedy Sex Tape in a patterned jumpsuit instead of the standard fancy frock.
The belted, polka dotted one-piece not only looked effortlessly elegant on Cam, especially when styled out with sleek accessories, a messy updo + a matte lip, but served as an awesome sartorial PSA that you can dress to the nines without wearing a dress. It’s a point we’ll gladly take and pass along just in time for you to round out your final summer soiree outfit options. Ditch the dress with these 10 jumpsuits + rompers that match Cameron’s refined red carpet look.
2. Plus Size Front Chained Wrap Jumpsuit ($35): Beyond the gorg shade of royal blue, this jumper comes equipped with a chunky chain necklace. Sold!
3. Harlyn Peg Leg Jumpsuit ($199): You had us at “neon geo.” We’re obsessed with this playful peach one-piece — dress it up with gold arm cuffs and a killer clutch.
4. Forever21 Cutout Pleated Jumpsuit ($25): The pleats on this teal jumpsuit ensure utmost flattery while you have fun flashing your open back. With that bow closure to tout, we don’t blame you one bit!
5. Aqua Blue Triangle Jumpsuit ($88): By day, a beach-ready one-piece. By night, ready for the cocktail bar toast under a boxy blazer and paired with strappy heels.
6. ASOS Curve Exclusive Playsuit With Kimono Sleeve ($48): This might be the most flattering romper we’ve ever seen, all thanks to those kimono sleeves. This flirty silhouette is a must-try for every figure.
7. ASOS Jumpsuit With Wide Leg and Tie Detail ($96): Yes, you can look DDG in a jumpsuit, and ASOS shows us the secret weapon: This tie-back, wide-leg one-piece that blows your best LBD away.
8. Tart Kira V-Neck Jersey Jumpsuit ($168): We’re nuts about this slouchy jumpsuit that’s just begging to be fancied up. Step one: updo (really, it’s a must!). Step two: statement necklace. Step three: an Angelina-level pose.
9. H&M Satin Jumpsuit ($25): This simple silky one-piece should be your go-to summertime romper. It’s elegant, eye-catching and SO easy to wear.
10. Kona Jumpsuit ($248): Waiting to splurge on the perfect all-occasion jumpsuit? Allow us to play matchmaker and meet The One, here.
Have you ditched the dress for your fanciest summer parties? How have you styled them out for the fête + beyond? Tell us in the comments below.