11 Caramel Apple Recipes for a Scary and Sweet Treat
Once you have your Halloween outfit down and your house is decorated, it’s time to set the table for some sweet and savory treats. And, if you’re like us, you absolutely HAVE to indulge in the Halloween tradition that is caramel apples. We use the term caramel apples lightly, because some of these bad boys are covered in chocolate, nuts, spices and even *peanut butter* — which is a-ok with us. But don’t fret; these 11 caramel apple recipes are just perfect for your next spooky bash.
2. Apple Pie Caramel Apple: Layers of chocolate and caramel topped with cinnamon sugar make this juicy apple an apple pie wannabe and we love it. After all, they say crust is the hardest part of making a pie, so why not just eliminate it? (via Five Heart Home)
4. Chopped Walnut and Dried Cranberry Caramel Apple: This just screams fall to us. The walnuts add a much-needed crunch and the dried cranberries tell us that it is officially Halloween season. (via Cooking Classy)
5. Bloody White Chocolate Apples: We were almost too scared of these creepy, bloody apples, but then we found out it’s only white chocolate and a yummy, sugary red gel, and we are (thankfully) NOT afraid of chocolate and sugar. (via Wonky Wonderful)
6. Caramel Apple Pie Grape Poppers: Ok, so these aren’t technically apples, they’re grapes, but they look just like little baby apples. Any snack we can just pop in our mouth and go is good with us. (via Miss CandiQuick)
7. S’more Caramel Apple: We bet you thought s’mores were just for around a campfire. This chocolate, graham cracker and mini marshmallow covered apple is super unique and that’s how we know you’ll love it. (via Bakingdom)
8. Spicy Tamarind Candy Apples: For all of those who dig a little spice with their food, we’d like to introduce you to the spicy caramel apple. With tamarind and cayenne on these apples, you won’t know what hit you. (via So Much Love)
9. Sweet and Salty Bourbon Cinnamon Pecan Caramel Apples: A boozy caramel apple wins our heart any day. This decadent dessert still gives us the caramel-chocolate combo we crave, but might leave us with a little buzz. ;) (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Cinnamon Caramel Apple Pumpkins: Caramel apples are already the quintessential Halloween treat. So to actually dress them up and make them look like a pumpkin? Well that’s just incredible. Not to mention perfectly festive! (via Bakingdom)
11. Poison Toffee Apples: These pitch-black apples scare us almost as much the ones dripping blood. The black color is actually made up of toffee, so that means instead of running in fright, you should eat every single last one. And then seconds. (via Simply Delicious)
Ready for more Halloween recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!