15 Unique Twists on the Classic Caramel Apple
Sorry, candy corn. As much as we adore you, there’s another classic fall treat that will forever own our hearts. Yup, we’re talking about the sweet and juicy caramel apple. In fact, we love this simple dessert so much, we’ve decided to keep the flavor combo going strong all season long with 15 unique takes on the original. From caramel-drizzled pancakes to Granny Smith-stuffed empanadas, these imaginative recipes will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth and leave guests begging for more.
1. Caramel Apple Dip: While it might be tempting to bust open the caramel and simply start dipping, we suggest holding out for this even tastier treat. Ready to go in five minutes flat, it brings cream cheese, brown sugar and toffee pieces into the mix. (via Jo Cooks)
2. Caramel Apple Pie Pancakes: Think dessert for breakfast is only a kids’ thing? Not anymore. Topped with caramel and apples instead of syrup, these buttermilk pancakes are a decadent brunch choice. (via Let the Baking Begin!)
3. Salted Caramel Apple Snickers Cake: If you’re searching for the perfect Halloween party dessert, look no further than this creative confection featuring Snickers frosting, a chocolate coating and salted caramel sauce. Add two or three caramel apples on top as the ultimate finishing touch, and don’t forget the tree twig skewers. (via Half Baked Harvest)
4. Caramel Apple Empanadas: Granny Smith apple empanadas with caramel make for an unexpected game-day appetizer. Serve them at home in front of the TV or as a sweet addition during your next tailgating get-together. (via Mom on Timeout)
5. Caramel Apple Mousse Cake: Switch things up this Thanksgiving by serving caramel apple mousse cake instead of (or alongside!) a traditional pie. Topped with toasted pecans and caramel, it’ll keep everyone’s spirits high and post-dinner discussions pleasant. (via The Gunny Sack)
7. Caramel Apple Pie Cookies: There’s no need to choose between cookies and pie when you can easily have the best of both worlds. These cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar-sprinkled morsels are so good, you’ll be making them again and again. (via CincyShopper)
9. Caramel Apple Cupcakes: Need to create something spectacular for your kids’ fall bake sale? Surprise-inside cupcakes with spiced apple compote filling will make you the mom of the hour. (via American Heritage Cooking)
12. Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies: Attention, fall brides! Mini pies make excellent wedding favors or dessert display additions, especially when they’re packed full of salted caramel goodness. (via Just a Taste)
13. Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars: There’s nothing more American than apple pie, right? Enjoy these dessert bars during the fall, or, like this blogger, save the recipe for the 4th of July. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
14. Caramel Apple Trifles: When you’re expecting guests and don’t feel like baking, caramel apple trifles offer an ideal solution. Put them together several hours ahead of time, then get right back to making sure all of your DIY party decor is good to go. (via Life, Love + Sugar)
Which of these creative recipes will you be whipping up this fall? Share your thoughts below.