16 Carry-On Essentials for Your Next Trip
Summer is right around the corner, and that means one thing: vacation time. Traveling can be a bit stressful, so we’re bringing you a list of items to help alleviate some of that hassle. Whether you’re headed to NYC for some major shopping or to Miami for some much-needed beach time, we’ve got you covered with everything from stylish accessories to yummy snacks. Ready, set, scroll!
1. Carter Backpack ($79 – $189): This backpack is the carry-on to bring along. Whether you’re traveling with children or solo, this keeps everything out of your hands, making it a whole lot easier to grab a latte before you board. It’s also available in SEVEN other color combinations.
2. Gold Dots Print Travel Case ($25): Gold. Polka. Dots. This gorgeous bag is just what you need to keep all your beauty products organized and contained. Get ready for quick access to your lotion, lip balm and all those other must-have essentials.
3. Color Splash Scarf ($36): Don’t you just love the extreme climates of airplane travel? NOT. Keep those frigid cold fronts from making you shiver with a big, beautiful and colorful scarf.
4. Solid Lotion Stick ($10): It’s well known that airplanes can be very dehydrating for your skin. Keep this handy dandy lotion stick with you to avoid getting that not-so-attractive, super dry, cracked skin. Bonus: This product is 100% natural and vegan.
5. Gridlock Fanny Pack ($34): Store your phone, wallet and boarding pass in this gridlock fanny pack for quick access. It’s perfect for keeping your hands free to grab that coffee or quick snack while you rush to your gate.
6. DIY Travel Jewelry Organizer: One thing we all would love to avoid is getting our necklaces tangled, and another thing we totally love is any chance to DIY. Check out this adorable travel jewelry holder that’s easy peasy to make. (via Brit + Co)
7. Wally Stick-On iPhone Wallet ($40): This stick-on wallet will make your travel experience even easier. And since most of us can’t live without our phones, it’s perfect for whipping out your ID in the security line. Stick this in your fanny pack (see above) to make airport lines a breeze.
8. Whoo Hoo! Luggage Tag ($11): Just because you’re carrying on doesn’t mean you can’t have a fun luggage tag to stand out from the crowd. We love how bright and cheerful this tag is — it’s perfect way to start and end your vacay.
9. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm ($46): Sure, the airline offers you drinks to quench your thirst, but what about your skin? Use this to get an instant lift and hydration for your skin, both during and after your flight.
10. Back Me Up Mobile Charger ($30): What’s the number one thing besides snacks you’ll need on the airplane? Music, ebooks and games, of course! As soon as your cell phone battery hits the single digits, plug this bad boy right in to stay powered throughout your entire flight.
11. Ear Foam High Performance Headphones ($18): Looking to get some work done or perhaps watch a movie? Escape the chatter of fellow passengers (or screaming babies) with these comfy headphones.
12. Sugar Bandit Eau de Parfum ($50): This travel-size perfume is the best pick-me-up after a long flight. With scents of caramel, white chocolate, Madagascan vanilla, cedarwood and sandalwood, it’s a great way to freshen up.
13. CitySlips Luxe Classic Patent Travel Flats ($19): How cute are these foldable ballet slippers? They’re awesome if you’re planning to slip into some heels after your flight. And even if you’re not switching shoes, they are adorable all on their own.
14. Travel Blanket and Pillow Set ($33): We’ve already expressed our dislike for airplane temps. Stay even warmer with this travel blanket/pillow combo. You’ll be cozy and comfortable… even if you have that dreaded middle seat.
16. Dental Travel Kit ($6): After all that munching on chocolate, you’ll want to freshen up with some minty goodness.
What are your must-have carry-on items? Leave us a comment below!