Not Your Grandma’s Casserole: 29 Modern Casserole Recipes
If you can fit it all in one dish, call it a casserole. The beloved retro dinner that touched the hearts of housewives across America is back in a big way. We have 29 revamped one-pot meals that will not only have your taste buds reeling for more, but they’ll save you time and effort too. Go ahead, put some lovin’ in your oven and dub yourself a casserole queen. All you need is a well-stocked pantry, a nifty casserole dish and hungry mouths to please.
1. Tuna Noodle Casserole: It’s the quintessential casserole that every grandma knows how to make. No need to check cream of mushroom soup off your shopping list, ’cause we’re classing things up with a porcini cheese sauce. But don’t despair, it’s still topped with crushed potato chips. (via NPR)
17. Butternut Squash, Apple and Potato Gratin With Cheddar Crumb Topping: Spice up your traditional squash casserole with a powerhouse of fall flavors. Apples, cider and squash lend a hint of sweetness as a tasty contrast to savory potatoes, thyme and cheddar cheese. (via Tracy’s Culinary Adventures)
19. Chilaquiles Casserole: Brunch fare with a Latin flair, it’s the ever popular combo of tortillas bathed in a tomatillo sauce and topped with plenty of cheese. Don’t forget to pass the salsa. (via Sweet Life)
22. Sun Dried Tomato, Basil and Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole: Seriously, you could eat this morning, noon or night. (via Belle of the Kitchen)
28. The Best Apple Crisp: There should be a law against this, it’s that good. We’re talkin’ warm apples, melted brown butter, vanilla bean, a bite of bourbon and please, don’t forget to make this a la mode. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
Okay casserole queens, give us the dish on what one-pot wonders you’re cooking in your kitchen in the comments below!