14 Desserts Made With Champagne Recipes
If there’s one drink that can manage to both get the party started and end things on a sweet note, it’s Champagne. Pop open a few bottles of that bubbly and you’ll soon find out what we mean. These 14 desserts each feature at least a splash of the sparkling stuff, making them the perfect treats to serve up at your next celebration. From New Year’s Eve to college graduation parties, these Champagne-laced confections add just the right amount of festive touch.
1. Chestnut Macarons With Pink Champagne Filling: It’s hard to see, but Champagne isn’t the only glitzy touch featured in these chewy macarons. If you look closely enough, you may be able to catch a glimmer of the edible glitter sandwiched between the shells. (via Mowielicious)
2. Lemon Champagne Cake: Fizzy wine is just the thing to turn run-of-the-mill boxed cake mix into some fancy batter. With a Champagne frosting to match, this mile-high cake is nothing short of impressive. (via Brit + Co)
3. Prosecco-Poached Peaches With Liberte Coconut Yogurt: Poaching is the perfect solution for transforming not-quite-ripe peaches into an elegant topper for yogurt and more. Of course you can use super sweet, fresh-from-the-orchard fruit, but sometimes that’s just not an option. (via Girl Versus Dough)
6. Meringue nests with Champagne Poached Strawberries: Champagne and strawberries are one of those classically sexy combinations — go ahead and bookmark this recipe for Valentine’s Day. (via Delicious Everyday)
8. Gluten-Free Champagne Cake: Bake this fluffy batter into perfectly-crumbed cupcakes or a full-sized cake. Either one you choose is sure to win over gluten eaters and avoiders alike. (via Gluten-Free on a Shoestring)
9. Brownie Parfait With Strawberry Champagne Sauce: Feel free to cheat a little bit here by swapping in store-bought brownies for homemade. After all, the real showstoppers are the strawberry-Champagne sauce and fluffy vanilla-bean-mascarpone topping. (via Pretty Girls Cook)
10. Champagne Mug Cake: It seems so wrong to put sparkling wine in the microwave, but trust that if you take the plunge, you’ll be rewarded with a fizzy vanilla cake in a matter of minutes. (via Kirbie Cravings)
12. Chocolate Champagne Truffles: Take your pick of white or bittersweet chocolate for these truffles tinged with the essence of orange. They’re a terrific edible hostess gift for any New Year’s Eve parties you may attend. (via Strudel and Cream)
13. Skinny Champagne Parfaits: For the holidays, upgrade the diet soda commonly found in skinny cakes to a splash of bubbly. Sure, it adds a few calories to the mix, but when layered with berries — as it is here — we’ll just go ahead and call it a wash. (via Beyond Frosting)
14. Chocolate Macarons With Chocolate and Champagne Ganache: Bite into these macarons and you’ll be greeted by a surprise fizzy burst. The clever addition of popping candies mimics bubbly Champers oh so well. (via The Botanical Baker)
How do you feel about enjoying Champagne out of the flute? Let us know which one of these desserts you’d like to invite along to your next celebration!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.