10 Bloody Mary Recipes to Bookmark for Your Next Brunch Party
When it comes to choosing the perfect drink to pair with your brunch, there really are only two ways to go: either a crisp and sweet mimosa or a spicy Bloody Mary. And while the team here at Brit + Co. has been known to make some killer champagne concoctions, it seems we’re a little lacking in the area of mixing the heartier brunch bevy. We’re remedying that right now with these 10 bold Bloody Mary recipes to try. Looks like we’re going to have to call a team brunch ASAP!
1. Bloody Maryland: This is a Bloody Mary recipe after our hearts. Not only is its name also a pun, but it also includes a rim crusted with the ultimate East Coast seasoning: Old Bay. It’s a match made in heaven! (via Gingersnaps)
2. Rosemary Bloody Maria: A Bloody Maria is the oh so clever name to describe when you use tequila and lime in your bloody instead of vodka and lemon. The switch is fun but subtle, so why not jazz it up with a rosemary salted rim? (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. Bacon Bloody Mary: Putting bacon in a Bloody Mary is as much of a no-brainer move than putting bacon in…well, anything! We love how this one comes served with a side of bacon, too! (via Daydreamer Desserts)
4. Roasted Strawberry Bloody Mary: What the what? A roasted strawberry Bloody Mary? Sure it sounds kind of crazy at first, but when you start to think about it, it makes a lot of sense. The berries amp up the sweetness of the tomatoes, and with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on top, it seems like you can’t go wrong. (via The Growing Foodie)
5. Sriracha Bloody Mary: Everyone’s favorite hot sauce makes an award-winning appearance in this Bloody Mary mix. Bacon, watch your back—Sriracha is quickly becoming everyone’s favorite add in! (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Heirloom Tomato Bloody Mary: Quality ingredients like fresh heirloom tomatoes and house-pickled veggies take the place of pre-packaged mixes and olives, making this Bloody Mary fit for any rockstar chef. (via Honestly WTF)
7. Verde Mary: There are a couple of constants in life, like the sky is blue and Bloody Mary’s are red. Not! Tomatillos and green tomatoes turn this Bloody into one Kermit-approved cocktail (you know, if Kermit ever tossed one back). (via Grab A Plate)
8. Vegan Caesar: We know, we know: if you’re vegan, you’ll never drink a “Caesar,” which typically contains clam juice, unlike this recipe that does not (weird). However, this dairy, meat, and seafood-free blogger does add an intriguing tablespoon of dijon mustard to her veggie juice-based Bloody mix to give it a kick, and we can totally get behind that! (via Oh She Glows)
10. Perfect Bloody Mary: This blogger has spent years tweaking his Bloody Mary recipe to come up with what he’s calling his Perfect Bloody. The no-frills recipe, which includes freshly grated onion, looks darn near close. Of course, we’d have to taste it to be certain! ;) (via Over the Hill & On A Roll)
Do you have a go-to Bloody Mary recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!