17 Decadent Chocolate Cocktail Recipes Perfect for V-Day — or Any Day!
When romance is on the table and you’re doing the cooking, you may wonder which would set the mood better — a romantic cocktail or a decadent dessert. How about a two-in-one? A single taste of chocolate, a known aphrodisiac, sends a shot of excitable neurotransmitters like phenylethylamine (PEA) straight to the brain, stimulating the pleasure centers. Booze of course lowers inhibitions and makes everyone feel just a tad more relaxed and sexy. So the two together are like a one-two punch — POW! — right to the erogenous zone. Here are 17 chocolate cocktails guaranteed to light a fire under your romance.
1. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini: This cocktail is mixed with a kick-ass, intense strawberry sauce that will have you both seeing red. Crème de cacao brings on the chocolate flavor, without overpowering the bright strawberry notes. (via Just a Little Bit of Bacon)
2. Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Martinis: Love me, love my food sensitivities! This skinny choco-martini packs just the right boozy punch, but it’s naturally sweetened and dairy free. (via The Speckled Palate)
4. Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Martini: There’s no better way of saying “I love you” than toasting with a drink that combines the sweet-tart flavor of raspberry with rich dark chocolate. Plus, the raspberries look just like little red hearts. (via My Darling Vegan)
5. Nutella Martinis: If you LOVE Nutella, and who doesn’t, this chocolaty, nutty indulgent little drink is about to become your new fave. It’s just one more thing for the two of you to bond over. (via The Londoner)
6. Nutella Raspberry Martini: This Nutella martini with a pop of raspberry is everything you want in a drink. The dash of Chambord liqueur ensures the pure berry flavor remains vibrant to the last sip. (via Dessert for Two)
7. Double Chocolate S’mores Martini: Oh, em, gee — it’s everyone’s fave campfire treat in a martini glass. This is just the right drink if you’re hoping to light a different type of fire altogether. (via Delightful E Made)
8. Almond Joy Martini: Remember the old Almond Joy commercial: Sometimes you feel like a nut; sometimes you don’t? There’s no better time to get a bit nutty than with the one you love. (via The Drink Kings)
10. Jalapeño Chocolate Margaritas: There’s a long culinary tradition in Mexico of blending chocolate with chili pepper in dishes like mole sauce, and with good reason. It’s hot and sweet, just like your bae. (via Belle Vie)
11. Chocolate Coquito: Coquito is the Puerto Rican version of eggnog and it calls for a nice, boozy glug of rum. With rich coconut cream, coconut milk AND condensed milk, it’s like one big chocolate valentine in a glass. (via Smart Little Cookie)
12. Tiramisu Martini: A touch of coffee, a dash of cocoa, a sprinkle of cinnamon and you’ve got all the tastes of tiramisu in a boozy sipper. Wouldn’t this be a sweet way to end a good date night? (via The Cookie Rookie)
13. Chilled Hot Chocolate Martini: You can add this cocktail to your list of nifty new ways to use hot cocoa packets. Even though it’s frozen, it’s just liquored up enough to warm your hearts. (via The Drink Kings)
14. Boozy Hot Chocolate With Salted Caramel Whipped Cream: This drink is brought to you by the letter “R,” as in rum, and the number “2,” as in drinks for two. Cocktails this decadent taste even better when shared. (via Honestly Yum)
15. Bourbon Salted Caramel Mochas: If there’s anything more irresistible than the taste of salt and sweet, we haven’t seen it yet. Your taste buds will be doing the happy dance — and so will your hearts. (via My Diary of Us)
16. Raspberry Chocolate Martini: If you love chocolate and raspberries with a splash of vodka, this cocktail is for you and yours. The real star of this show is the chocolate cookie-crumb rim — it’s sure to make you both all kinds of happy. (via A Healthy Life for Me)
17. Love Charm Martini Cocktail: Perfect for Valentine’s Day, this “love charm” martini is made with creamy white chocolate liqueur and crème de cacao, with a kiss of deep red raspberry syrup. Here’s drinking to what’s hopefully just your first kiss of the evening. (via Wicked Good Kitchen)
If you HEART the most decadent drinks, follow us on Pinterest for more.