19 Nifty New Recipes to Use Hot Cocoa Packets
Go ahead and stock up on packets of hot cocoa mix — we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeves. No, we’re not suggesting that you warm up with mugful after mugful — where’s the fun in that? Instead, check out these 19 recipes that put the powder to good use in unique ways. Spoiler alert: they may be even sweeter than its intended sip-able form. From baked goods to, ironically enough, frozen treats, we’re loving all the creative ways to get more hot chocolate action in our lives.
3. Hot Chocolate Krispie Treats: You’ll love the sweet cocoa flavor featured throughout these squares. Once summer rolls around, you can sprinkle some graham cracker on top to make a campfire-esque treat. (via Crazy for Crust)
4. Hot Chocolate Macarons With Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting: Marshmallow cream frosting sandwiched between chocolate shells earns these macarons high marks in the flavor-pairing department. (via Tried and Tasty)
5. Mexican Hot Cocoa Cake: Cayenne and cinnamon add an extra layer of welcome warmth to these baked-in-a-Mason-jar cakes. We recommend cuddling up with your personal-sized treat next to the fire. (via The Vintage Mixer)
7. Hot Chocolate Cookies: Enjoy the subtle chocolatey flavor of these marshmallow-studded cookies. While delicious on their own, the addition of a mini chocolate bar and dollop of fluffy ‘mallow buttercream on top adds that finishing touch. (via Cookies and Cups)
8. Hot Cocoa Monkey Bread: At first glance, this may resemble your run-of-the-mill monkey bread. Trust us, it’s anything but. Gooey marshmallows and plenty of chocolatey goodness set it apart with only six ingredients. (via Food Network)
12. Chocolate Snow Ice Cream: Now this is one sweet perk of living (or visiting) an area that gets snowfall. You’ll need a few cupfuls of freshies to enjoy this no-churn chiller. (via Coordinately Yours)
13. Hot Chocolate Icebox Cake: We’re thinking the hot-chocolate-infused whipped cream frosting would taste just as good spooned in a mugful of steaming cocoa as it does slicked between the layers of rich chocolate cake. (via Beyond Frosting)
15. Hot Chocolate Popcorn: There’s more than meets the eye going on flavor-wise here. White chocolate and mini mallows are cleverly disguised by fluffy corn and a dusting of the powdered stuff. (via Cookies and Cups)
19. Basic Chocolate Oatmeal: Once you have this basic brekkie recipe down, it’s time to start playing around with variations. From flavors inspired by peanut butter cups to peppermint patties, your tastebuds won’t fall asleep on you any time soon. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy hot chocolate other than in its intended sip-able form? Share with us below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.