19 Nifty New Recipes to Use Hot Cocoa Packets
Go ahead and stock up on packets of hot cocoa mix — we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeves. No, we’re not suggesting that you warm up with mugful after mugful — where’s the fun in that? Instead, check out these 19 recipes that put the powder to good use in unique ways. Spoiler alert: they may be even sweeter than its intended sip-able form. From baked goods to, ironically enough, frozen treats, we’re loving all the creative ways to get more hot chocolate action in our lives.
3. Hot Chocolate Krispie Treats: You’ll love the sweet cocoa flavor featured throughout these squares. Once summer rolls around, you can sprinkle some graham cracker on top to make a campfire-esque treat. (via Crazy for Crust)
4. Hot Chocolate Macarons With Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting: Marshmallow cream frosting sandwiched between chocolate shells earns these macarons high marks in the flavor-pairing department. (via Tried and Tasty)
5. Mexican Hot Cocoa Cake: Cayenne and cinnamon add an extra layer of welcome warmth to these baked-in-a-Mason-jar cakes. We recommend cuddling up with your personal-sized treat next to the fire. (via The Vintage Mixer)
7. Hot Chocolate Cookies: Enjoy the subtle chocolatey flavor of these marshmallow-studded cookies. While delicious on their own, the addition of a mini chocolate bar and dollop of fluffy ‘mallow buttercream on top adds that finishing touch. (via Cookies and Cups)
8. Hot Cocoa Monkey Bread: At first glance, this may resemble your run-of-the-mill monkey bread. Trust us, it’s anything but. Gooey marshmallows and plenty of chocolatey goodness set it apart with only six ingredients. (via Food Network)
12. Chocolate Snow Ice Cream: Now this is one sweet perk of living (or visiting) an area that gets snowfall. You’ll need a few cupfuls of freshies to enjoy this no-churn chiller. (via Coordinately Yours)
13. Hot Chocolate Icebox Cake: We’re thinking the hot-chocolate-infused whipped cream frosting would taste just as good spooned in a mugful of steaming cocoa as it does slicked between the layers of rich chocolate cake. (via Beyond Frosting)
15. Hot Chocolate Popcorn: There’s more than meets the eye going on flavor-wise here. White chocolate and mini mallows are cleverly disguised by fluffy corn and a dusting of the powdered stuff. (via Cookies and Cups)
19. Basic Chocolate Oatmeal: Once you have this basic brekkie recipe down, it’s time to start playing around with variations. From flavors inspired by peanut butter cups to peppermint patties, your tastebuds won’t fall asleep on you any time soon. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy hot chocolate other than in its intended sip-able form? Share with us below!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.