Valentine’s Day is all about sweetness. Sweethearts, sweet desserts, sweet 90s-inspired Valentine’s Day cards… it never stops. And when it comes to holiday-themed desserts, you have plenty of pink, red and heart-shaped ideas at your disposal, from healthy Valentine’s Day fruit salad recipes to colorful red velvet cheese tart recipes. But here are 19 of our absolute *favorite* romantic dessert recipes for lovebirds.
1. Ramekin Molten Chocolate Cookie: This ramekin cookie with a molten chocolate core is large enough to share with your date. (via Brit + Co)
2. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes: Speaking of rich, silky treats, these mini cheesecakes are perfect for Valentine’s Day. Feel free to serve them as-is, or get creative with holiday-inspired (think pink hearts and bright colors) cupcake liners. (via Away from the Box)
3. XXL Death by Chocolate Cookie: This bad boy is for real chocoholics. It’s EXPLODING with chocolate-y goodness, stuffed with tons of cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips. Bonus points for the colorful heart-shaped sprinkles on top. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
5. Lavender Creme Brulee: Crème brûlée is arguably the quintessential date-night dessert for two, so why not serve it on V-day? This version is made with the floral tastes of delicate lavender, making it a feminine and romantic choice. (via Lavender and Macarons)
9. Rosé Champagne Mug Cake: Mug cakes are a major dessert trend right now, and for good reason: They’re easy to whip up in roughly one minute with the help of a microwave. These particular mug cakes are made with sparkling rosé, sugar, milk and flour (and can be made right in the coupe glass!). (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
10. Easy Chocolate Creme Brulee: If rosé mug cakes don’t sound enticing, maybe this chocolate dessert is more up your alley. Bonus: It’s super easy to make… in fact, it’s no-bake! (via Crazy for Crust)
11. No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake: Here’s another no-bake dessert idea for you. This one is flavored with strawberries, vanilla and bananas, and is so flexible that it can be made into whatever shape you desire (hearts, anyone?). (via Cakes Cottage)
13. Easy Chocolate Mousse: Another option for the chocolate-obsessed: this frothy, whippy chocolate mousse. It also happens to be amazingly easy to make, and simply has to chill in the fridge for about two hours before it’s perfect and ready to enjoy. (via Cookies & Cups)
14. Easy Tiramisu: This traditional yet simple-to-prepare recipe is ideal for rounding out an Italian-inspired V-day dinner. Side note: You’ll notice that this recipe calls for raw eggs. Don’t be alarmed — this is the traditional way to make tiramisu. But feel free to beat the eggs over a double broiler if you feel uncomfortable with using them raw. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
16. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake: This sweet and fruity cheesecake recipe is a major crowd pleaser, so it’s perfect for serving at your Valentine’s Day dinner or gathering. (via Foody Schmoody Blog)
17. Raspberry Champagne Cake: Champagne is the perfect way to toast your boo on Valentine’s Day, and what better way to do that than with a Champagne-infused dessert? This cake *literally* has Champagne baked right into it. And it’s also topped with raspberry-Champagne buttercream. (via The Cake Blog)
18. Famous Brick Street Chocolate Cake: This indulgent dessert has everything you love about chocolate cake, but with a catch: It’s made in a convection oven! If you don’t have one, no worries. It can easily be adapted to work with a regular oven instead. (via Through Her Looking Glass)
19. Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes: Is it weird to call cupcakes sexy? Because these cupcakes are *sexy.* They’re made with rich chocolate batter, topped with silky buttercream and finished off with a fresh, chocolate-covered cherry. (via Baked by an Introvert)
Follow us on Pinterest for more holiday-themed recipes and Valentine’s Day ideas.