18 Christmas Tree Skirts to Dress Up Your Holiday Decor
You’ve wrapped the garlands and hung the punny ornaments; you’ve even DIYed the perfect tree topper, and now it’s time to seal the deal with a fab Christmas tree skirt that’ll showcase those beautifully wrapped presents. If you never really thought you needed a skirt, you haven’t seen these gems. Whether you’re all about an ode to your favorite junk food or you want to cozy up with a super-luxe fur skirt, there’s something for everyone here. Scroll down for 18 Christmas tree skirts that’ll have you rocking around the tree in style.
Once you’ve cut out the perfect “skirt” shape, the only thing left to do is decorate it. Copy this DIY and use felt to create ornaments, or let the kids help you out and add all kinds of merriment. The added pom-pom trim makes this skirt extra cute. (via Melodrama)
Probably the ONE thing better than pizza is a Christmas tree. So why not combine the two into the ultimate combo of happiness. The only thing that could make this DIY better is if you didn’t even need a sewing machine… oh wait. Yep, this no-sew skirt will have you decking your tree in mushrooms and pepperoni in a matter of minutes. (via Brit + Co)
3. The Land of Nod Good Cheer Christmas Tree Skirt ($69): Get your merry on with this uber festive tree skirt. With holiday greetings on every side, you’ll get a dose of holiday cheer from every seat in the room. And if you’re still feeling inspired from the first two no-sew options, these cutout typography letters could totes be a DIY project.
This isn’t so much a DIY as a really cool idea. Since chunky knits are in this year, get your weave on and wrap your tree stand in an inexpensive scarf or blanket. Doesn’t it just look so cozy?? (via Designlovefest)
Don’t these little white ruffles remind you of snow-capped peaks? Once you’ve made the basic felt skirt part, you can have fun decorating the edge with this adorable scalloped look. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. CB2 Highland Plaid Tree Skirt ($80): Um, plaid AND sequins? Yes, please. ‘Tis the season to go over the top with sparkly-everything, and this tree skirt fits the bill nicely.
If your tree is tiny, you might not really need/want a skirt. Follow this DIY to hide your tree stand in a gold basket stuffed with faux fur. It’s a great alternative for small-space living, but still gives you all the chic vibes of a traditional skirt. (via The Merrythought)
8. The Land of Nod Festive Folklore Tree Skirt ($79): Add a touch of Scandi whimsy to your tree decor this year with a colorful forest scene featuring woodland animals and cute embroidery details. This skirt is one that both the kids and the young at heart will love.
Eek, pom-pom trim?? Nope, put your sewing machine away — the only thing you need here is your hot glue gun. Pick up the biggest poms you can find at the craft store and glue them along the edge of a felt tree skirt. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Queue up the Netflix list, because you’re going to be cutting out a LOT of petals. That’s the hardest part about this project, though: Once you have about a million petals, pull out your hot glue gun and line the edge of a felt skirt with elegant, white poinsettia flowers. (via Live Love DIY)
11. Anthropologie Tasseled Tree Skirt ($148): Like a lot of Anthro’s holiday pieces, this tree skirt is just begging to be hacked. Tassels are a cinch to make, so you could easily attach them to a DIY felt skirt if you don’t feel like splurging on something that’s going to be covered up by presents.
If there’s a surefire way to instantly cozy up your space, it’s with fur — faux, obvi. While you’re waiting for the presents to start piling up, whip up this fuzzy tree skirt ASAP. (via A Beautiful Mess)
13. CB2 Misty Grey Tulle Tree Skirt ($60): For a full-on glam look, you can’t go wrong with layers of fluffy tulle accented with crystal bling. Seriously, your tree will look ready to take on any holiday party, decked out in this pretty skirt.
14. Anthropologie Verdure Tree Skirt ($228): So bright and colorful, it almost seems a shame to cover it up! This skirt is rocking a fab color palette, complete with hot pink, navy and red. If you’re looking for a complement to your non-traditional holiday theme, this skirt is calling your name.
A neutral colored skirt is guaranteed to go with any color scheme, and the fun textures associated with Moroccan wedding blankets carry over to the holidays beautifully. Follow this DIY to craft the perfect combo of tassel, fringe and sequins into a gorg skirt you’ll reach for year after year. (via Design Sponge)
16. Balsam Hill Lodge Faux Fur Tree Skirt ($69+): As any pet owner knows, the one thing your home needs is more fur! But seriously, this faux fur tree skirt is absolutely stunning… and yes, your pets will think you put it there just for them.
17. Pier 1 Beaded Peppermint Skirt ($70): From peppermint mochas to peppermint Schnapps, there’s something about that red and white candy that brings back *all* the childhood memories. Sweeten up your tree with this handcrafted tree skirt covered with hundreds of tiny beads.
18. Crate & Barrel Mistletoe Tree Skirt ($90): Wishing you season’s greetings and mistletoe kisses. Spread the romance with a pretty ring of felt leaves and berries around the base of your tree.