10 Packing Essentials for a Cozy Weekend Getaway
While we pine for spring and warmer weather (especially in the wake of Snowmageddon 2015), at least winter means that we can spend our weekends on cozy getaways. If you’re planning on a mini winter vacay, top off your packing list with these charming products to ensure you travel in style. All from the B+C Shop!
2. Tierra Blanket Roll ($72): Say hello to the trendiest travel blanket around. Stick this bundle in your car trunk and you are definitely good to go.
4. Turn Me Loose Gold Throw ($175): What’s yummier than a merino wool throw? A butter yellow merino wool throw that you can easily pack!
5. Pocket Parrot Knife ($13): It’s cozy outdoor picnic time. Pack this darling parrot knife to make your bread and cheese spread just a little more Instagram-worthy.
6. Sipping Kit ($23): Bring fireside cocoa to a whole new level with Ticket Chocolate’s sipping kit. The pack includes three different chocolate stick flavors, a gingham mug *and* vanilla-bean marshmallows. YUM.
7. Oasis Fanny Pack ($28): Thank goodness fanny packs are back in style. We waited long enough, right? Proudly don this belted bag — or any of Avenue Dee’s awesome packs — and get ready for the most fashionable adventure ever :)
9. Echo Print Travel Case ($29): There’s something incredibly satisfying about an adorable toiletry bag, you know?
10. Wild Spirit Snood Knitting Kit ($64): Got a lot of down time while others are hitting the slopes? Pair this Wool and the Gang snood knitting kit with its e-class sister to keep yourself happily occupied.
Are you going on any mini winter vacations? What travel essentials will you be packing? Let us know in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!