40 Creative Pumpkin Painting Ideas for a No-Mess Halloween
If you love a good Halloween DIY, then you’ll love these pumpkin painting ideas that don’t require any of the cleanup that follows traditional pumpkin carving. This October, brighten up your stoop or doorstep with bold no-carve pumpkin ideas, and those trick-or-treaters won’t know what hit ’em.
5. Mosaic Pumpkin: Traditionally made on pathways and tables, mosaics actually work on pumpkins too. Use a craft pumpkin instead of the real thing and it will shine all season long! (via Gina Michele)
23. Gilded Words Pumpkin: Time to test your handwriting skills! And it’s worth it in the end because the result is SO pretty.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Sarah Gaylor - 702ParkProject (@sarah_702parkproject) on
24. Silhouette Pumpkin: Go for an old-school black and white pumpkin. It’s a really cool take on the classic Victorian silhouette.
28. Modern Geometric Pumpkin: Since you won’t be carving, stick to a smoother faux pumpkin for this DIY. Its less-pronounced ridges will make it easier to apply these vinyl pieces. (via Design Improvised)
29. DIY Pastel Marbled Pumpkins: If you’ve tried marbling before, you know how fun it can be experimenting with different colors. For a softer and more feminine look, opt for pretty pastel-hued marbling paints. (via Proper)
30. Watercolor Pumpkins: Watercolor paints won’t actually show up as well on white plastic pumpkins. Instead, coat your pumpkins using a flat white spray paint with a primer for the base color. Once finished, seal the deal by spraying on clear paint or mod podge gloss spray. (via Lines Across)
32. Metallic Glitter Frosted Pumpkins: You can get this ooey-gooey look using metallic spray paint, mod podge, and glitter. For an even spookier ‘kin, consider using glow-in-the-dark mod podge! (via Bre Pea)
33. Gold and Neon No-Carve Pumpkins: This craft combines all of your favorite DIY goodies and trends: spray paint, gold, neon, splattered, and ombre. For an eclectic feel, use a variety of pumpkin shapes and sizes. (via The Source)
34. Blue Porcelain Craft Pumpkin: Spray paint a cream craft pumpkin with white primer, and once dry, use a pencil to draw a design and trace it with an acrylic paint marker before painting the rest blue and black. (via Craftberry Bush)
35. Brushstroke Pumpkin: Create this chic and elegant look with basic black, white, and gold paints and a stiff paint brush. The harder the bristles on the paintbrush, the easier it will be to achieve a pronounced brushstroke. (via The Merrythought)
37. Mesh Painted Pumpkins: If you’re digging that rustic aesthetic, use a chalky paint that will leave an ultra-matte finish. Simply use a mesh bag or sheet as a stencil and apply your paint using a foam brush or cotton ball. (via Creme de la Craft)
38. Modern Pumpkins: Though simple, these modern painted pumpkins are far from boring. All you’ll need to achieve the modern geometric look is white craft paint and painters tape. (via Oleander + Palm)
39. Nail Polish Marbled Pumpkins: These half-dipped marbled pumpkins only require water and nail polish to make. For more variety, alternate the mini pumpkins by dipping some on one side and dipping the others from the bottom half. (via Say Yes)
Are you ready to jump on the painted pumpkin bandwagon? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative pumpkin ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)