40 Creative Pumpkin Painting Ideas for a No-Mess Halloween
If you love a good Halloween DIY, then you’ll love these pumpkin painting ideas that don’t require any of the cleanup that follows traditional pumpkin carving. This October, brighten up your stoop or doorstep with bold no-carve pumpkin ideas, and those trick-or-treaters won’t know what hit ’em.
5. Mosaic Pumpkin: Traditionally made on pathways and tables, mosaics actually work on pumpkins too. Use a craft pumpkin instead of the real thing and it will shine all season long! (via Gina Michele)
23. Gilded Words Pumpkin: Time to test your handwriting skills! And it’s worth it in the end because the result is SO pretty.
24. Silhouette Pumpkin: Go for an old-school black and white pumpkin. It’s a really cool take on the classic Victorian silhouette.
28. Modern Geometric Pumpkin: Since you won’t be carving, stick to a smoother faux pumpkin for this DIY. Its less-pronounced ridges will make it easier to apply these vinyl pieces. (via Design Improvised)
29. DIY Pastel Marbled Pumpkins: If you’ve tried marbling before, you know how fun it can be experimenting with different colors. For a softer and more feminine look, opt for pretty pastel-hued marbling paints. (via Proper)
30. Watercolor Pumpkins: Watercolor paints won’t actually show up as well on white plastic pumpkins. Instead, coat your pumpkins using a flat white spray paint with a primer for the base color. Once finished, seal the deal by spraying on clear paint or mod podge gloss spray. (via Lines Across)
32. Metallic Glitter Frosted Pumpkins: You can get this ooey-gooey look using metallic spray paint, mod podge, and glitter. For an even spookier ‘kin, consider using glow-in-the-dark mod podge! (via Bre Pea)
33. Gold and Neon No-Carve Pumpkins: This craft combines all of your favorite DIY goodies and trends: spray paint, gold, neon, splattered, and ombre. For an eclectic feel, use a variety of pumpkin shapes and sizes. (via The Source)
34. Blue Porcelain Craft Pumpkin: Spray paint a cream craft pumpkin with white primer, and once dry, use a pencil to draw a design and trace it with an acrylic paint marker before painting the rest blue and black. (via Craftberry Bush)
35. Brushstroke Pumpkin: Create this chic and elegant look with basic black, white, and gold paints and a stiff paint brush. The harder the bristles on the paintbrush, the easier it will be to achieve a pronounced brushstroke. (via The Merrythought)
37. Mesh Painted Pumpkins: If you’re digging that rustic aesthetic, use a chalky paint that will leave an ultra-matte finish. Simply use a mesh bag or sheet as a stencil and apply your paint using a foam brush or cotton ball. (via Creme de la Craft)
38. Modern Pumpkins: Though simple, these modern painted pumpkins are far from boring. All you’ll need to achieve the modern geometric look is white craft paint and painters tape. (via Oleander + Palm)
39. Nail Polish Marbled Pumpkins: These half-dipped marbled pumpkins only require water and nail polish to make. For more variety, alternate the mini pumpkins by dipping some on one side and dipping the others from the bottom half. (via Say Yes)
Are you ready to jump on the painted pumpkin bandwagon? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative pumpkin ideas.