You’ve become the queen of working a crop top into your outfits all summer long, from showing off serious skin in a sporty bralette on those blazing days to flashing just a sliver of stomach in that sleek matching set at your bestie’s wedding and even at the office (guilty!). So why stop for fall? The way we see it, the cooling temps just force us to be more creative with our sartorial choices, especially by bringing layering into the game. And so it’s a challenge we gladly accept, though not without a little help from our friends. Nail the look with inspo from 11 style bloggers who kill it in crops all fall and winter long.
1. To Complete Your Grayscale: You might think, “all gray, all boring.” And while that’s not entirely true (especially when we’re talking hair color), there’s no shame in making this monochrome trend more playful by bringing a crop top to the equation — oh, and amazing patterned pumps doesn’t hurt either! (via Who What Wear)
2. Under a Blazer: An oversized blazer might be the perfect crop top layer because it adds instant class to the look. Seriously, slip on a pair of cropped trousers and black pumps and you’re office ready (really!). (via Who What Wear)
3. With Your Go-To Denim: Save the snuggly sweater for indoors and consider this your new weekend uniform. With a denim jacket draped over your shoulders, the cropped look is completely casual and still so put together. (via Stella Wants to Die)
4. Over a White Button Down: Of alll the ways to style a white button down, this might be our fave. Peaking under a long-sleeved crop, the look is both totally unexpected and super posh. (via Damsel in Dior)
5. As Your Moto’s P.I.C.: Cool girls, look no further for your go-to fall pairing. Whether you rock the duo with high-waisted jeans or a patterned pencil skirt, you’ll gain instant style cred. (via Stylecaster)
6. To Dress Up Your Sweats: Seriously, sweats outside the gym *are* chic, but they’re chicer when paired with a cap-sleeved crop top. Style yourself up from head to toe with glamour waves and strappy stilettos. (via iVillage)
7. Under an Oversized Coat: Oversized everything is in this fall, from slouchy jeans to baggy jackets, and the one piece that effortlessly ties the two together is… you guessed it: a sporty crop top. (via StyleBlazer)
8. As Your Cozy Layer: Yep, this midriff barer can get all kinds of cozy. Put a twist on your classic sweater-collared shirt combo with a cropped knit that will keep you warm regardless of hem length. (via Fustany)
9. Invest in a Mock Neck: Kill two trends with one top when you rock a mock crop (say that three times fast!). Worn with a sleek, center part hairstyle and minimal accessories (though a mani is key!), it’s an undeniably fashion-forward look. (via Aerie)
10. The New Way to Wear All Black: Here’s how to wear all black this fall and not look like a goth. In perfectly tailored pants, t-strap heels and a comfy crop top, we guarantee you won’t be missing the color. (via Style Estate)
11. As Your Fancy Midi’s BFF: Fear you’ll never have the chance to re-wear that fancy midi? Think again! A cute crop top is a no-brainer BFF for a polished, vintage-feeling look that screams date night. (via A House in the Hills)
Are you planning on wearing your crop tops through the fall? How are you planning to style them into your cold weather outfits? Tell us in the comments below.