14 Reasons to Keep Rocking Your Summer Crop Tops
How did summer pass us by so quickly? Seems like only yesterday we were dusting off our beach hats, pulling out our favorite sundresses, and making absolutely sure our mani-pedis were in tip top shape. Never know when you’ll be invited to an impromptu BBQ, right? Though we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves during the season that’s given us Shark Week and summer Fridays, we’re not ready to throw the towel in just yet! Here are 14 cute and cropped reasons to keep that summer wardrobe out just a few weeks longer.
1. Cutout Keith Haring ($12): Besides sporting one mega awesome street-style graphic all-over Keith Haring print, it’s only $12. So no matter how much money you spent on gas during your summer road trip, you can still afford this.
2. Sarusa Bohemian Print Palm Detail ($27): You get all the bonus points if you decide to get the matching shorts for a totally ace summer look.
3. Magnolia Crop Top ($125): It’s all ruffles and whimsey around here. Just how we like it. This top will go with just about every set of adorable bottoms you’ve got.
4. Mochi Jaipur Crop Top In Cream ($80): Full blown color meets embroidery. This adorable crop top not only channels our inner Frida, but will play nice with every single pair of sandals in your closet. We promise.
5. Reverse Juicy Fruit Top ($48): It doesn’t get more summer than this. Whether you are embracing your inner watermelonholic or simply looking to make an entrance, this is the top that will get it done.
6. Fashion Union Crop Top ($30): Who doesn’t love a curved hem, right? Pair this cutie with a high-waisted skirt for a perfectly sculpted game of peek-a-boo.
7. Persuasion Lace ($52): Got an end of summer wedding to attend? There’s a crop top for that.
8. Ottoman Stripe ($60): Depending on your work environment, this look could even be considered office appropriate, and seeing as it’s a knit, you can probably take it into fall with you as well. We suggest doing that.
9. Abstract Zippered ($20): A top that we can get away with wearing our sports bra with? Yeah, we’re into that. (What?!?! They’re comfy!)
10. Pretty Petals Crop Tank ($24): Get your farmer girl on with these smocked straps and pink petals. Peasant skirt or overalls are welcome.
11. Reflective Palm Print Crop Top ($20): Sunsets and palm trees? You got it. Because at some point we’ve all wished we could be California girls.
13. Flower Embellished Bralet ($28): Unleash your inner flower girl with this dainty bralet. Rock on with your embellished petal self!
14. Reclaimed Vintage Bralet ($37): Old vintage meets new vintage. This sweetheart bandeau will make you look so cute you’ll wish you were lost on Gilligan’s Island.
What’s your favorite way to hang on to summer? Share your thoughts below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.