What would a week devoted to all things that glow be without a nod to the original glow-in-the-dark object, the candle?! Arguably, candles don’t quite fall under the glow-in-the-dark category but they do quite literally glow in the dark so… here we are! We’ve rounded up the 14 best DIY candle projects from all over the web. Wax on!
1. Seashell Candles: To make your own batch of these beauties, you’re gonna need to head to the beach! Then simply fill seashells with candle wax and a wick. (via Sincerely Kinsey)
2. Soy Candle Favors: Candles make great wedding favors, and allow you to customize your very own signature scent. (via Ruffled)
3. Orange Ombre Dipped Candles: Ombre and color-dipped? DIY to the max! (via Momtastic)
4. Party Hack Candles in a Jar: Okay okay, maybe this doesn’t count as a DIY candle but come on – it’s such a genius hack! Fill a mug with sand, place a whole bunch of birthday candles in it, and light up. (via A Subtle Revelry)
5. French Vanilla Candles: Created using vanilla pods and coffee beans, these would be perfect for a brisk fall day. (via Henry Happened)
6. Color Block Candles: One of our most popular recent tutorials, we combined crayons with candle wax to create these color-blocked wonders. Want to make your own? Buy the kit! :) (via Brit + Co.)
7. Mini Tart Tin Beeswax Candles: These candles were made with inexpensive tart tins found at Bed Bath and Beyond. Love the old school look and feel. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
8. Beeswax Roll-Ups: Remember making candles out of beeswax sheets back in the day? We do! This is a fun throwback and makes a great holiday gift or favor. (via Oh Happy Day)
9. Vintage Teacup Candles: Got a thing for vintage teacups but have no idea what to do with them? This DIY candle would make a great birthday gift or tea party centerpiece. (via Hey Gorgeous)
10. Recycled Ice Candles: We’d never even heard of ice candles until reading this tutorial! It’s a great way to recycle old candles and makes for interesting sponge-like textures. (via Henry Happened)
11. Hester Travel Candle: Take your favorite scent on the go by creating your own travel candle. (via For the Makers)
12. Candle Lanterns: Guess what was used to create these lanterns? Candle wax and… balloons! My goodness, the versatility of the balloon will never cease to amaze. (via Petite Candela)
13. Acorn Candles: Sadly, this link will take you to a sold-out Etsy item rather than a tutorial, but we’re betting you could make something similar with found acorns, soy wax, and a wick. (via Green Baboon Designs)
14. Turn Wine Corks into Candles: Lastly, check out this hack! It shows you how to turn a wine cork into a candle. For real! (via A Subtle Revelry)
Have you ever made homemade candles? Any tips, tricks, or fails we should know about? Talk to us in the comments below.