The dog days of summer are coming. And, if you’re like us, you’re planning on spending the entire season at the beach (or the pool). So, to honor our favorite time of year and to get you ready to hit the shore, we’ve gathered some must-do DIYs for you to tackle ASAP. From sunglasses to bags, you’ll love these 10 updates and improvements to all of those items that are so Summer 2013.
1. Embroidered Sunglasses: Transform boring, predictable sunglasses into a fun display of personality and style by adding embroidered embellishments around the lenses. (via Honestly WTF)
2. Totes Adorable: Update a straw beach bag with some bright paint. This oh-so-simple idea will give your go-to tote a brand-new look in no time. (via My Trash and Treasure)
3. Ombre Tee: A little ombre goes a long way when it comes to beach style. Take your traditional, white beachwear up a notch while sporting a trend that’s super hot right now. (via I Spy DIY)
4. Studded Sandals: This seems almost too easy. Get some studs, grab some super glue and get to work! (via Thanks, I Made It)
5. Beach Towel Quilt: It’s so simple, yet so brilliant. Create a big beach blanket by sewing a a bunch of towels together. No one will wind up in the sand with this roomy quilt. (via My Material Life)
6. Fabric Flip Flops: Take an inexpensive pair of flip flops and give them a sassy upgrade by using your favorite patterned fabrics. (via The Mother Huddle)
7. Turn Any Yard of Fabric Into a Beach Wrap: The possibilities are endless with this super simple template for unlimited beach dress creations. (via Brit + Co)
8. Shorts Style: Doilies and lace are full of vintage excellence — perfect for a boho-inspired day at the beach. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Flower Sandals: We can’t think of a better way to celebrate a beach bash than with some flower power heels. (via My Precious Confessions)
10. Bleach Basics: Add some personality to your tank tops with a little bit of bleach and a lot of creativity. (via Decoration Advisor)
Which of these DIYs are you excited to take on? Let us know how you’re going to update last year’s gear in the comments below or on Facebook.