We’re about to enter the dreaded hour-early arrival of darkness (buh-bye, beloved Daylight Savings Time). Truthfully, we’re tempted to lament the loss of light, but we think this season has potential. It’s time to surround yourself with some serious lighting upgrades! Take advantage of the darkened evenings and DIY yourself one of these lovely, illuminating chandeliers… if you can choose just one.
5. Hanging Flower Chandelier: Make any day brighter with some serious flower power! Blooms are huge mood-boosters, and, although you don’t need a reason to fill your home with them, this lovely chandelier is a good one. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
6. Cloth Chandelier: We’ve said it before, lighting is a total game-changer when it comes to home decor. This cloth chandelier will totally transform any room with a soft, intimate glow. (via Beholden)
7. Wooden Chandelier: It looks as if we might be obsessed with stringing beads. Not so much. Despite our penchant for the beaded chandi, we weren’t about to spend weeks stringing up tiny beads. So, we went on the hunt for a clever beaded chandelier that requires a bit less work. This tutorial still requires some patience, but it’s much easier than it looks! (via Brit + Co)
12. Wax Paper Chandelier: Use a paper punch to cut out a zillion mini wax paper circles, then sew ’em together into long chains and string ’em up. Voila! You’ve created the most frugal chandelier ever. (via Lisa Roy)
15. Mason Jar Chandelier: We’ve introduced you to the mason jar lantern, but our newest mason jar lighting obsession is a bit more involved. This chandelier cunningly repurposes our favorite jar and some curtain rod extensions. (via Nest of Bliss)
17. Birthday Cake Chandelier: It’s time to celebrate — break out the glow sticks, and bring out the… chandelier? There’s a million ways to say, “Happy Birthday,” but this is one of our faves. The traditional chandelier is flipped upside-down and adorned with candles to create a party-worthy cake, minus the calories. (via The House That Lars Built)
Are you on a mission to amp up the lighting in your space? Chat with us in the comments and let us know which of these lighting DIYs you love!